How do you get better at dancing....

Soldato
..is it just practice or do most people need/require lessons?
I'm quite a bit out of practice so feel kind of isolated and not very confident though I believe I can maintain/hold a rhythm. Thing is I'm out with the Mrs trying to dance, having only danced four times in the last ten years and an ugly retard of a person walks up to the Mrs and says you two look like you've got some "sexy" moves you'll have give me a few lessons, before being dragged away by a a mate. What are most other people's experiences?

On the last four occasions I've just knocked about four pints back and not given a hoot about what other people think and quite often you'll find us both on the dance floor with nobody else on it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Always a mystery to me (not that I'm deaf to rhythm or anything) I'm fine with a sympathetic partner who is prepared to lead but on my own it is totally lost on me - I remember at my brother's wedding like 70% of people seemed to know what they were supposed to do the rest of us kind of sat there a bit bemused.

Soldato
havnt a clue about dancing but i would say lessons ,iive done bodyboarding for years (edit/decades) but after a lesson with a top coach there were some things i was doing wrong and techniques were taught that took me to another level
im thinking dancing will be similar

Soldato
99% of the human race cannot dance. If you stand back and just watch everyone and sort of blank out the music, everyone just looks like they are having some kind of fit.

Apart from that the more conscious you are about your moves the more forced it seems. The best thing to do is just "let the music take you".

Personally I just prop up the bar. My dancing days ended in my early 20s when I came to realise that everyone looks a bit special while doing it :D

Soldato
Oh, And PS, think of Dancing as foreplay. You are, after all, the Peacock strutting your stuff!

Mind, it doesn't always work out....:)

punch_cartoon_cards6_1024x1024.png

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I can only dance like Bez from the happy monday`s :(

But it would be nice to learn the Tango though.

Man of Honour
Two weeks ago I was at Soul Night at the Kings Hall in Stoke busting out some moves even with two dodgy knees that need replacing.
Nobody gives a stuff about how bad I am and I don't care.
I'm then head banging at a rock venue called Eleven which I'm quite an expert in, I reckon I could win competitions at head banging because I've been doing it for 50 years.

Soldato
OP
Two weeks ago I was at Soul Night at the Kings Hall in Stoke busting out some moves even with two dodgy knees that need replacing.
Nobody gives a stuff about how bad I am and I don't care.
I'm then head banging at a rock venue called Eleven which I'm quite an expert in, I reckon I could win competitions at head banging because I've been doing it for 50 years.
Do you ever frequent the Underground and Rigger/ Devils Night? Just wonder whether you know my mates Bobby Baddeley and Chris Munday? The former is a drummer and the latter is a lead vocalist for You Yes You.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom