Poll: Monaco Grand Prix 2019, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Rate the 2019 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Hamilton is traditionally very weak in racing at Monaco so hopefully he comes a cropper again.

Going by your previous posts about Mercedes using active suspension...

I agree Monaco has never been a lucky hunting ground for Hamilton, only wasn't Lewis the first to admit?

Nevertheless, winning twice is never to be dismissed, whereas Jim Clark, Nigel Mansell never won once...

For Hamilton and his idol Senna, may have played against him at times. A great performance today, Hamilton will really want to win tomorrow, Lauda was a great influence.

Man of Honour
Going by your previous posts about Mercedes using active suspension...

I agree Monaco has never been a lucky hunting ground for Hamilton, only wasn't Lewis the first to admit?

Nevertheless, winning twice is never to be dismissed, whereas Jim Clark, Nigel Mansell never won once...

For Hamilton and his idol Senna, may have played against him at times. A great performance today, Hamilton will really want to win tomorrow, Lauda was a great influence.

It isn’t his strongest track, but I can’t see him being beaten. Bottas can’t match him in the race. A safety car could catch people out though. Oh, and the obvious troll, as ever, is obvious.

Maybe Leclerc can speak with Mercedes to move to their car to beat Hamilton next year? :(

If I was Mercedes I would be getting max in that car. He has seriously impressed this year. He reminds me of Hamilton how he is always there or thereabouts ready to capitalise. The more he matures the better he gets.

Associate
If I was Mercedes I would be getting max in that car. He has seriously impressed this year. He reminds me of Hamilton how he is always there or thereabouts ready to capitalise. The more he matures the better he gets.[/QUOTE said:
I am not a fan of former Max, don't get me wrong is very talented but the dirty racing and impetulance.

This year, like Bottas, seemingly, version 2 has been launched, a much more mature racer and undeniably doing a fantastic job.

I cannot see Lewis and Max in one team. Lewis knows full well, younger drivers are coming through. In the same team at Mercedes, it would be a mess - look at Vettel and Leclerc.

Vettel's confidence is at an all time low. Vettel is seemingly over driving - not only because Mercedes is strong, has a hungry team mate to contend with. Ferrari are trying to keep both drivers appeased and failing.

Soldato
If I was Mercedes I would be getting max in that car. He has seriously impressed this year. He reminds me of Hamilton how he is always there or thereabouts ready to capitalise. The more he matures the better he gets.

Every team would want Verstappen in the car. He's maturing fast - let's not forget that he's now very experienced in F1 and still incredibly young. He's good and consistent enough at the moment that a balanced person could make the case for him being the best driver on the grid at the moment, albeit unproven in some areas.

Hamilton won't go on for many more years, and putting Verstappen in the same team as him would give the latter hugely valuable experience on that type of highly competitive environment. The trouble is that none of the main teams are yet committing beyond the next major rule changes in 2021.

Man of Honour
Sounds like heads have started to roll at Ferrari.

Google Translate Link

The poor start of the Ferrari season already makes a dent in the Maranello factory. Two chief engineers of the Scuderia - both directly related to the development of the SF90 - have been dismissed in the last hours due to the problems of the Italians, which in Monaco have once again been clearly overcome by Mercedes.
Alessandro Cinelli is the first man to leave the Maranello entity, according to Italian press reports. The maximum responsible for the aerodynamic performance of the SF90 has not given the key to overcome Mercedes and says goodbye to Ferrari after many years without any success harvested.

Giacomo Tortora is the other side that no longer belongs to Ferrari. The head of the vehicle development department - including the tires - is no longer part of Ferrari. As we have already done a few days ago, the transalpine squad is not satisfied with the design of its front suspension .

All these changes have come before the mistake made with Charles Leclerc in the classification of the Monaco Grand Prix. The Monegasque driver has been eliminated in Q1 after the team did not take him to the track despite the threat of being left out at the first hurdle.

In this way, Mattia Binotto has already begun the restructuring - in true McLaren style - of the different departments of the Maranello factory in its attempt to return Ferrari to the top.

As the team leader has already recognized, the Scuderia is already thinking of 2020 after five races fully dominated by the silver stars. The Constructors 'Championship - like the Drivers' Championship - is very far behind after just one quarter of the entire season.

From the winter pre-season in Barcelona to today, everything has taken a radical turn for men in red. The superiority of Mercedes in these early stages has been abysmal and it is expected that these are not the only changes that occur in the team before the end of the campaign.

Soldato
Leclerc screwed - real shame.

I really hope Vettel is worth it for them, but I suspect he wont be.

He isnt a bad driver but he isnt good enough to be WDC in this field. I can see that stings but sometimes you have to face reality.

Im really pleased to see Kyviat maturing and getting a 2nd shot. Wasnt his biggest fan but he is doing some good work in the toro rosso.

Mercedes are something else this season, partly helped by Bottas 2.0. Dominating performances. I cant see another team challenging them this season. That in itself is a shame, but at least the other teams know what to aim for.

I cant get my head around Ferrari. Its every race now. Mistake after mistake. I really feel like they need to dispose of their traditional 1 & 2 system. Just race and may the best driver win! It does feel like they are backing the wrong horse at times. Leclerc is good but inexperienced. But that just makes Vettels constant mistakes just stand out further.

I hope Leclerc drives like a demon tomorrow - its going to be risky but in a way I hope he DNF's on purpose. A big FU to Ferarri. Shows what he can do for the world (and every other team) to see and then parks it in a wall to deny Ferarri points.

It wont happen but I feel like it should. Vettel cant carry the team forwards. He is out numbered and out gunned. Ferrari need to wake up.

Man of Honour

It was also funny if you watched the pre show segment with Leclerc driving around Monaco giving an interview in a Ferrari. Then doesn’t get out of Q1. Can’t be doing much for their brand image. Even my wife, was like, well that’s embarrassing.

Sounds like heads have started to roll at Ferrari.

Google Translate Link

They should. Whoever designed this car has taken it down a dead end if the experts are anything to go by and by vettels own admission yesterday they still don’t understand the car! At a time when in a few weeks they will start designing next years car.

It is also funny to think back to the first few races when they were backing vettel as if he had a shot at the championship and when Ferrari were genuinely quicker. I don’t think it matters if Ferrari have pace at the moment, their drivers and strategists are too error prone. Lewis and max will always be ready to pounce. As it stands, I bet Lewis can’t believe his luck, again.

Associate
Hamilton will finish even further ahead.

Monaco is fantastic in the rain though - assuming they let them race.

I think the only way he could be any faster in the wet is if he'd been born in Scotland.
Even so, rain at Monaco can turn it into a lottery for everybody, so we may get an exciting race for a change and everyone will be saying how great Monaco is, [cough]Crofty[/cough]

Back
Top Bottom