Your life in their hands!

Soldato
There is talk of a televised debate between the contenders - WHY? It is allegedly an internal party political contest with no possible wider national interest.

I think its another step to the Americanisation of British society. In the US they televise all contender debates and have people saying they are a republican/democrat or other supporter even though they arent members of those political parties.

On your first post I don't think what someone looks like is indicative of how they will act. The Tories have been more representative at MP level than Labour. But then identity politics also relies on stereotypes and we can't really say May was a kind and considerate woman?

TJM

TJM

Associate
The new Prime Minister will be chosen...
...ultimately by the Queen if she is satisfied they have the support of the Commons. If a divisive opportunist like Boris or a hard Brexiter is selected by the party membership and publicly opposed by a sizeable chunk of Tory MPs, an immediate General Election is more likely than the appointment of a PM with an unworkable minority.

Man of Honour
The Tories have a better track record at diversity in their party leader than Labour do.

Two femle leaders/prime ministers

Several women and non white people in the current race.

Associate
The Tories have a better track record at diversity in their party leader than Labour do.

Two femle leaders/prime ministers

Several women and non white people in the current race.

Almost all of them standing on an xenophobic message.

Caporegime
I find that viewing all politicians as greedy parasites who don't give a toss about their people and would sell their mother for a profit greatly reduces my interest in them. They're all power crazed psycopaths, all of them.

Caporegime
In a General Election you vote for a party, presumably based on their policies, not the party leader.

All of the main parties basically lie about and then renege on their policies, that's the problem with politics today. Then they wonder why voter turn out is always low, people have no confidence that a party will even enact their policies/promises once they're elected. At least the dictatorial EU tell you that they're going to screw you and don't pretend otherwise.

Soldato
The new Prime Minister will be chosen from a shortlist of two (who are themselves selected by 313 Tories) by some 124,000 Tory party members.

I wonder how representative of the electorate these 124,000 are?
  • How many are male?
  • How many are past retirement age?
  • How many come from ethnic minorities?
  • How many are on zero hours contracts at minimum wage?
  • How many survive on handouts from food banks?
  • How many don't own one or more houses?

And these right-wing scumbags claim that they only wish to respect democracy :rolleyes:

Even if the prime minister was a black, communist, transgender what much would change?

System is rigged by corporations and money. End of.

However.............................I do see your point though.

Back
Top Bottom