Recommend me a monitor 27/32 inch

Soldato
About the scaling issue, there will be some apps that won't scale properly to 4k. But in the worse case in these situations (assuming it's only occasional) you can set windows to 1080p and let the monitor scale to 4k.
As long as the monitor is just doing nearest neighbour scaling it should look just like a 1080 screen.

Soldato
About the scaling issue, there will be some apps that won't scale properly to 4k. But in the worse case in these situations (assuming it's only occasional) you can set windows to 1080p and let the monitor scale to 4k.
As long as the monitor is just doing nearest neighbour scaling it should look just like a 1080 screen.

It's such a non-issue for the most part. The benefits of 4K regards productivity far outweigh the occasional scaling issue. It's an absurd reason for someone NOT to buy 4K if they actually will benefit from that productivity aspect. 27" 4K is on the small side though, 32" about the sweet spot if you really appreciate and desire that 4K sharpness. Once you hit 40"/43", you've lost the PPI advantage over 1440p (it's the same then), but obviously you will have that productivity advantage, and also most likely avoid the need for any scaling at all. That's often too large for many desk setups though

For gaming though, of course, the argument swings massively in favour of high refresh 1440p or Ultrawide, no question.

Soldato
It's such a non-issue for the most part. The benefits of 4K regards productivity far outweigh the occasional scaling issue. It's an absurd reason for someone NOT to buy 4K if they actually will benefit from that productivity aspect. 27" 4K is on the small side though, 32" about the sweet spot if you really appreciate and desire that 4K sharpness. Once you hit 40"/43", you've lost the PPI advantage over 1440p (it's the same then), but obviously you will have that productivity advantage, and also most likely avoid the need for any scaling at all. That's often too large for many desk setups though

For gaming though, of course, the argument swings massively in favour of high refresh 1440p or Ultrawide, no question.

Yes for gaming 1440p is great, I have just added a new PG279Q ROG Swift 27" to my gaming system, so now I have 2 1440p + 1080TV/monitor setup. The old 1440 and 1080 will be used for web/TV usage.

Indeed, if you need it for a non gaming system then 4k is a good option. My 15.6" laptop has a 4k IPS screen and looks great. There are a few times I need to use 1080 because of bad scaling, but 15.6" @ 4k is pretty extreme anyway. :)
I also use 1080p if I'm gaming on it as the GTX 1070 isn't ideal for 4k with top tier games.

Back
Top Bottom