World of Warcraft: Classic

Caporegime
I can't wait for this to come out. I recently resubbed after a long, long break (started playing towards the end of BC, Dragon Soul was the last raid I did) and the game is just completely ruined. So many things removed or dumbed down it's unreal. First aid? Gone. Glyphs? Gone. Talents? Ruined. Reputation? Ruined. Professions? Ruined. What the hell Blizzard?

Soldato
Thank you!

In other news, what classes are people focusing on and what race? I think I've decided after running a bunch of classes and races on lights hope... Going back to my roots. Going Orc Hunter as I did when vanilla released back in the day. I can't say no to the king, the ZG bat.

I'm going to roll DPS/OT warrior. If I roll Horde I'll go Orc, Ally - Human.

Soldato
If people remember how to play properly and mechanics are still the same and you want to go DPS if you play mage or rogue you are pretty much guaranteed a group (I mean every dungeon run wanted/needed warrior tank, holy cleric, mage and rogue) if you play other DPS and it's as unforgiving as it used to be you will be trying for 1 slot in a group of 5 out of a MASSIVE amount of players.

If I do jump on this going to rogue I'm thinking.

Soldato
If people remember how to play properly and mechanics are still the same and you want to go DPS if you play mage or rogue you are pretty much guaranteed a group (I mean every dungeon run wanted/needed warrior tank, holy cleric, mage and rogue) if you play other DPS and it's as unforgiving as it used to be you will be trying for 1 slot in a group of 5 out of a MASSIVE amount of players.

If I do jump on this going to rogue I'm thinking.

Yes except Rogue will be insanely competitive, I played the original Vanilla WoW as a rogue and in a raid group you'd be one of the most common classes, finding dungeons was hard because there were so many other Rogues. If you want to play Rogue in Classic you should be at the forefront putting the most time into getting geared and hitting 60 fast. Even then you'll need some luck on rolls.

Caporegime
Prot warrior all day long. In the 13 odd years I've on-and-off'd WoW I've never played a DPS class, not once. I had a stint of healing with a priest in ICC but that was about it. All my classes are plate wearers too, never managed to get a druid to max level without losing interest.

Caporegime
I think you guys are a bit naive. Some streamers, sure, but Asmon, Jesus wept the guy is as dim as a unlit match and totally oblivious to how games even work. I stupidly watched one of his 'reaction' videos to Dark Souls. I thought at first it was acting for his 'chat' but no, the guy is a total knob lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFqHpETTyqQ

Watch the above and tell me he's smart...

How do these cretins get so famous? There are TONS of good streamers / youtubers out there who deserve his airtime more than him. Christ he's thick.

And on that note, what channels are you guys keeping an eye on? I enjoy Swifty for PVP stuff, Madseasonshow for lore and the history (he sounds like he's about to top himself but he's rather enjoyable), and a few others I can't think of right now.

Soldato
I'm excited for this as someone that experienced
I am really excited for Classic. I'm just concerned I won't be able to invest the time, or round up enough friends to play. Echoing the comments above I just can't sink 4-5 hours a day into a game anymore. If I can make it work on 1-2 hours per night, with a decent session on the weekend then that'll do me. End game is a pipe dream though. I'd be happy getting to max level, max professions and maybe into Tier 0 or Tier 0.5 gear.
But a lot are going to be the same. As in most that played wow back in the day are late 20s - mid 30s now with as you say commitments, kids etc.
I see no reason communities cant form just as easily this time around knowing gameplay will be short stints each night and not hardcore grinding till 2am. ( though that's bound to happen to begin with I'm sure!)

Man of Honour
Its starts with 1 or 2 hours of WoW a day...but before you know it....

Last edited:
Associate
How do these cretins get so famous? There are TONS of good streamers / youtubers out there who deserve his airtime more than him. Christ he's thick.

And on that note, what channels are you guys keeping an eye on? I enjoy Swifty for PVP stuff, Madseasonshow for lore and the history (he sounds like he's about to top himself but he's rather enjoyable), and a few others I can't think of right now.

Some of these top streamers aren't even that good also. Like for instance they would do a premade for wsg and then have a complete team of rank 1/top players and get carried game after game. How is doing a premade full of top players who are coordinated playing against random average players anything but bad content. Then their cult followers say how good they are and they believe they are top tier players. Not to mention all the loot/gold they get given to give them such a huge advantage over the average player.

Thats like in CSGO a group of globals doing a premade vs silvers and winning all their games over and over again. How is this any sort of challenge and in any way exciting.

It just seems like these kinds of people play games like wow because they can always gain an advantage over others and then believe they are better.

Back
Top Bottom