• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
We're nearly there, so speculation time.. I reckon specs / perf will be as leaked, but prices will be higher because we can't have all the things.

Soldato
We're nearly there, so speculation time.. I reckon specs / perf will be as leaked, but prices will be higher because we can't have all the things.
Max boost 4.5Ghz, £50 more than what last gen for the same amount of cores, 12 core £400+, 16 core £550, IPC uplift under 10%, good temps and power usage....no stock for months.

Associate
I'd be ok with 12 core at £400, if it's £300 I'll be happy, if it's £500 I'll be unsurprised but would probably grab a last gen chip & wait to see if it comes down.

Soldato
Max boost 4.5Ghz, £50 more than what last gen for the same amount of cores, 12 core £400+, 16 core £550, IPC uplift under 10%, good temps and power usage....no stock for months.
400+??? No chance mate. Absolutely no chance. They have to get share away from Intel. They wont win mindshare charging intel prices.

Associate

Lol, I mean this is literally the pinned post in the comments. Now I get why he had to post this:

"There seem to be some overly ambitious viewers who are not listening to the video fully: We specifically and explicitly said the 16-core CPU can reach upwards of 300W with H2O overclocks. We absolutely did not say that's the stock CPU. Please stop spreading misinformation. The video title even says "OC Power," meaning "overclocked power." Not stock."

Associate
400+??? No chance mate. Absolutely no chance. They have to get share away from Intel. They wont win mindshare charging intel prices.

Sounds sensible to me. AMD ain't a charity they're in it to make a profit for shareholders. Slightly under cut the opposition whilst offering more features like lower TDP or higher ram specifications. Simples.

Soldato
Lol, I mean this is literally the pinned post in the comments. Now I get why he had to post this:

"There seem to be some overly ambitious viewers who are not listening to the video fully: We specifically and explicitly said the 16-core CPU can reach upwards of 300W with H2O overclocks. We absolutely did not say that's the stock CPU. Please stop spreading misinformation. The video title even says "OC Power," meaning "overclocked power." Not stock."
Indeed. Given the i9-9900K hits 250+ W when overclocked this is not a surprise at all.

Associate
GN is saying 16 core nearing 300w TDP. Toasty!
Gamers Nexus.

Associate
Gamers Nexus.

AND
There seem to be some overly ambitious viewers who are not listening to the video fully: We specifically and explicitly said the 16-core CPU can reach upwards of 300W with H2O overclocks. We absolutely did not say that's the stock CPU. Please stop spreading misinformation. The video title even says "OC Power," meaning "overclocked power." Not stock.D

Permabanned
Sounds sensible to me. AMD ain't a charity they're in it to make a profit for shareholders. Slightly under cut the opposition whilst offering more features like lower TDP or higher ram specifications. Simples.

That's completely false. Any corporation holds a very deep social responsibility and the profit for the shareholders is not and should not be important, at all. These CPUs are not luxury articles, they are of first need for the modern world and information society that we live in.

That's such a short term viewpoint. From what we've seen, Lisa Su doesn't base decision on the short term. Only fat bloated companies take short term profit into account.
AMD needs mindshare and market share. It doesn't get that by Intel pricing minus a minor amount. We all view Intel as having been profiteering for the past 4-5 years at least. AMD won't be doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom