GPU block not looking healthy after 2 months. Mayhems X1 Fluid. Help?

Associate
Image below. I'm using alphacool copper rads and all EK blocks and fittings with Mayhems X1 Clear. Cleaned my rads with Blitz 1 & 2 before use.

I'm guessing the black bits at the bottom of the image are crap from the rads I didn't get out. But at the bottom of the jet plate it looks like there may be growth? I didn't think that would be possible with X1 fluid!

Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

Image:
88bralzjqk031.jpg

Soldato
Yeah that doesn't look great, i can't comment on the coolants capabilitys of avoiding this sort of stuff, i always avoid it and it's marketing and get some de ionised water, some silver coils and maybe a few drops of biocide. If you are comfortable i would take the block apart and clean it with a toothbrush.

Associate
OP
Is this X1 pre-mix, or water + X1 concentrate?

Concentrate + deionised water. I'm positive I got the correct ratio though.

Yeah that doesn't look great, i can't comment on the coolants capabilitys of avoiding this sort of stuff, i always avoid it and it's marketing and get some de ionised water, some silver coils and maybe a few drops of biocide. If you are comfortable i would take the block apart and clean it with a toothbrush.

Yeah I will have to do a clean. I have some new thermal pads on standby too. I guess if I wait until August it won't do any extra harm to the block? Temps are all completely fine.

Soldato
Also in case you didn't, the Blitz Kit part 2 can be used in a full loop not just rads. However I'd look up compatibility with EK stuff first - same for the X1. Some EK equipment isn't considered compatible with some Mayhems fluids.

Associate
OP
How’s your tubing looking?

Quite yellow :(

Also in case you didn't, the Blitz Kit part 2 can be used in a full loop not just rads. However I'd look up compatibility with EK stuff first - same for the X1. Some EK equipment isn't considered compatible with some Mayhems fluids.

It seems X1 and Blitz Part 2 are both fine with EK blocks. Although I will probably end up taking the loop apart and giving it a good scrub. Although given my apartment ends up looking like a war zone within 5 minutes of starting work on my PC, it will have to wait until my partner goes away in August!

Soldato
You used deionised?

That's just missing the some bits mate, still has crap in it.

You should have gone for distilled water or their premix.

I get sludge build up in mine every few months, I just clean the blocks and tubes every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom