• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
That's completely false. Any corporation holds a very deep social responsibility and the profit for the shareholders is not and should not be important, at all. These CPUs are not luxury articles, they are of first need for the modern world and information society that we live in.

You're obviously not familiar with the current capitalist society.

You mean, companies that pay out huge dividends despite not being profitable...?
Perhaps you meant IPOs worth billions for companies that openly state in their listing prospectus that they don't ever envisage making a profit...?

Edit: to be clear, the modern capitalist society has very little to do with sustainable profit, rather short term capital appreciation through disingenuous income reports and accounting.

Soldato
It's almost like there's more than one way to run a company and be profitable. Who would have thought it?!

I buy AMD, when they're competitive, because their business practices aren't like Intel. If they did take a similar approach I'd look for an alternative. Could

Soldato
is there a specific link for the AMD keynote?
I think AMD are streaming
https://www.amd.com/en/events/computex

Digitaltrends are apparently embedding a player in this article once streaming is available:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-watch-amd-ryzen-3000-keynote-computex-2019/

And they're also doing the same with Intel. Could be worth a laugh to see what level of shenanigans they pull this time to try and upstage AMD
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/watch-intel-computex-2019-keynote/

Permabanned
You're obviously not familiar with the current capitalist society.

The society is not capitalist. There are several capitalists who hold billions/trillions of worth and that's it.
The large part of the population barely make both ends meet, from today to tomorrow, I don't know what makes you think people make any profit to call them capitalists.

You have countries like China, India, the whole Africa, South America, Latin America and East Europe that are poor and expensive products by AMD won't sell.

Caporegime
The society is not capitalist. There are several capitalists who hold billions/trillions of worth and that's it.
The large part of the population barely make both ends meet, from today to tomorrow, I don't know what makes you think people make any profit to call them capitalists.

You have countries like China, India, the whole Africa, South America, Latin America and East Europe that are poor and expensive products by AMD won't sell.

Doesn't matter that the rich are in the minority, it's their world.

Soldato
Associate
I think AMD are streaming
https://www.amd.com/en/events/computex

Digitaltrends are apparently embedding a player in this article once streaming is available:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-watch-amd-ryzen-3000-keynote-computex-2019/

And they're also doing the same with Intel. Could be worth a laugh to see what level of shenanigans they pull this time to try and upstage AMD
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/watch-intel-computex-2019-keynote/

Thankyou muchly , turned round to the missus said new cpus around july ... she said whats that then a grand , nodded and continued to work. Top of the range board and CPU here than. god i love her.

Soldato
Nah, if you like arma look at Squad.
Cheers, @harry5522 - will take a look.
No, i don't think so, i have Arma III, good game, this is not that, think of it as BF3 only what BF3 should have been, and Coop is good, great fun. Its a good game in its own right but i think if Arma III is what your looking for this is not it.
Thanks for the detailed reply @humbug - i enjoy co-op and just noticed you can play against AI- so may take a closer look.

Soldato
It's very clear via this thread and others that many people will choose company A over company B regardless of performance unless the difference is very large.
It's naive to think that people only buy on performance.
Look at the people who buy a brand new car without even a test drive!
Many people aren't that rational when making decisions but as I said in this case they can return the item unused within x days for a full refund for a small cost.

Think about what you've just said. If EVERYBODY saw the benchmarks and bought from company A, it would create a monopoly. Company B would be on the brink of bankruptcy. Company A could then release small generational upgrades with tiny improvements for 10 years. Sound familiar?

Surely it's more rational to buy from the smallest company unless the difference is very large? Then eventually they'll be a 50/50 split. Short term, we'd loose perhaps 5% or 10% but long term, we'd get it back when the gains were 40% or 50%.

Ryzen could have happened a few years earlier with more R&D. Then Intel would have moved on from only 4 cores a few years earlier.
We're nearly there, so speculation time.. I reckon specs / perf will be as leaked, but prices will be higher because we can't have all the things.

I still dont understand how they could have known what the final clocks will be so far in advance. Surely the chips IPC and clocks improve in stages with each engineering sample? The spec leaked out last September I believe so that must have been such an early engineering sample, so cant see how they knew exact clocks. Unless of course they exceeded the clocks and are holding back, ready for another clock increase with Ryzen 4000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom