• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Associate
The Turing haters will be eating their hats tonight.

Turing has outsold pascal to on the same timeline.

Is that comparing the full product stack? Pascal launched with only the 1070/1080. The 1060 was a month later and the most important card in the lineup (1080 Ti, especially when looking at the sales figures in a recent GN video) didn't launch until March 2017.

Nothing super about this announcement whatsoever, although I'm sure RTX owners will be pleased to see Nvidia pushing it so hard.

Soldato
LOL, got people into an excited frenzy :p. I feel scammed now. @crinkleshoes can breathe a sigh of relief - no new "super" GPU.

On this front no news is good news, they launched a full stack no one wanted new gpus so soon. It would have been touch not to upgrade had their been but I can’t say I’m disappointed more relieved

Man of Honour
The Turing haters will be eating their hats tonight.

Turing has outsold pascal to on the same timeline.

No way

How many 2070, 2060 or RTX Titan owners do you see on this forum.

Wonder why NVidia are doing so badly with their financial results and share price.

Turing is the worst product NVidia has launched in years, it is overpriced with features most end users don't think are value for money.

Even the Titan V is better value for money, at least it can do DP professional work as well as gaming.

Soldato
Is it just me or does Studio Lightspeed sound like utter desperation? Very little uptake by studios to add ray tracing to their current and future titles, so Nvidia bodge and patch old games with RT to validate its existence?

And unless Quake 2 gets a geometry update too, it's hardly a satisfying selling point for RTX.

Soldato
Is it just me or does Studio Lightspeed sound like utter desperation? Very little uptake by studios to add ray tracing to their current and future titles, so Nvidia bodge and patch old games with RT to validate its existence?

And unless Quake 2 gets a geometry update too, it's hardly a satisfying selling point for RTX.

There is over 100 RTX rayvtracing games in development - released news at Computex

ljt

ljt

Soldato
There is over 100 RTX rayvtracing games in development - released news at Computex

By the time those are released the 2000 series won't be powerful enough to run them!

We will be on 3000 and 4000 series by then and prices will be astronomical because nvidia have seen this generation that some people will quite literally pay anything for their cards.

Soldato
Not woken up fully at this point so I missed that. So then if there are over (finally) 100 RTX games in development, and ray tracing is the future, why go back and remaster old titles? Still seems utterly desperate. But then again, it depends on the titles they're remastering.

Soldato
No way

How many 2070, 2060 or RTX Titan owners do you see on this forum.

Wonder why NVidia are doing so badly with their financial results and share price.

Turing is the worst product NVidia has launched in years, it is overpriced with features most end users don't think are value for money.

Even the Titan V is better value for money, at least it can do DP professional work as well as gaming.

Nvidia exaggerating the truth and using it to make slides that look good? No way :p.

Even if it is true then Nvidia know they can milk customers more and more and will keep jacking up prices.

Man of Honour

How many games are available now that can make maximum use of all the RTX features?

None

Or as Monty Python would say, nearly 1.

RTX is so gimped to get it running on existing hardware that the results and performance are extremely disappointing.

Soldato
Not woken up fully at this point so I missed that. So then if there are over (finally) 100 RTX games in development, and ray tracing is the future, why go back and remaster old titles? Still seems utterly desperate. But then again, it depends on the titles they're remastering.
Doing if for free mind, at least in the case of Quake 2.
Old games of course have much lower GPU requirements so will run super fast with RT ultra :p.
I wouldn't buy a remastered game but if they release them for free I'll give a few a go. Seems daft however that they don't work on getting it into some other current games,but probably a massive task with huge performance losses.
Will be good to see how new games built from the round up with RT perform.

Soldato
Idk, they're managing to convert me. If they do more initiatives like Q2 then that's great. Just looking at the Witcher 3 pseudo-RT shader I'm giddy; only problem for them is that those kind of shaders don't even need an RTX card in particular atm. They just need to pump out moooorre!

Tho let's be honest if CDPR announce CP2077 will support RT I'll drop AMD in a heartbeat. Game god damn Over.

Associate
Rtx for a 20 year old game, what every person wanted a £1000-1600 card for.

No way these cards sold more than pascal. Unless some governments bought masses of them for some sort of Bitcoin farms. In terms of real customers no way. They shafted their loyal customers without a care in the world. Hopefully karma gets them, like intel, Desperately hoping AMD can do a better gpu launch as so I can do a full switch for the first time in 6 years. Nvidia/intel need to feel a bit of pain.

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder who does marketing and business strategy at Nvidia, if that was a startup they would be dead by now.

1) Release overpriced cards although with good tech "on paper".
2) Tech nearly one year on and isn't implemented or implemented with huge impact on frame (i.e. hair-works) and they "announce" a mod of a 20 years old game as "something cool".
3) Sales are down price hasn't dropped despite point 2.
4) They said something "super" is coming under the GTX channel then nothing is announced.

Surely they need a better strategy than that, I do not think they can do any worse and that is independently from competition or not, what Nvidia is doing is ridiculous.

Associate
i dont think they are that overpriced at all i had a look through my old orders and

1 x MSI 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 DVI TVout PCI-E £429.05

Back in 2006 and that wasn't even the top card at the time!!!! the Ultra was

my 2080 i just bought cost me £570 so its hardly a massive jump in price in over 10 years!

Back
Top Bottom