• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

yeah 5 years ago. so 5 years on from that launch amd is giving you a £200 six core thats basically the same speed. such bad pricing.

what makes it worse is you gunna have spend atleast probably £400 on a cpu to upgrade now from that 5 year old cpu because of amds pricing scheme.
How much is the Intel upgrade of it going to cost?
There isn't one.
Ah, you want to count going to 8c as an upgrade. Ok, cool. That'll be £485 for the 9900K or £550+(?) for the 9900KS (that probably won't ever gon sale in meaningful numbers).
What exactly is your argument here?
Its funny because you could buy a 2600 with 3 AAA games for £139 recently.

Caporegime
thankfully not for all of us. just need a new cpu (i don't need, i want!) and a new mobo - though if they are silly money for x570 i'm more than happy to go ghetto and use a x470 board. that paired with my current ram and gpu (vega64) will be a relatively cheap upgrade from my 1st gen 1600.
I think pretty much all of us will spend more between console generations than the cost of a next gen console. Regardless of which console gen you look at. Add up all the GPU and CPU and mobo and RAM upgrades since PS4 was released, I dare ya ;) Esp if you bought an nVidia GPU recently (ho ho ho).

PC upgrades aren't cheap; they don't really make economical sense vs consoles from a gaming perspective.

The reason to keep upgrading your PC is to have either a) one "all purpose" device; b) upgrade more frequently (if you have an uncontrollable itch); c) maximum power for unlimited spend or d) you're addicted to MMOs :p

For everyone else - and because everyone else already has a PC of some sort - consoles genuinely are the better value for money proposition (except if you don't play games!).

Associate
yeah 5 years ago. so 5 years on from that launch amd is giving you a £200 six core thats basically the same speed. such bad pricing.

what makes it worse is you gunna have spend atleast probably £400 on a cpu to upgrade now from that 5 year old cpu because of amds pricing scheme.

And what would £200 spent with Intel net you?

Soldato
I had 16gb Gskill my cpu overclocked to 4450 IBT Prime rendering stable with memory at 2666cl13. Cooling difference full custom loop with 360rad for cpu alone :] Now i got one of best WC setups at ocuk. Common 1080 exterlan Nova extreme thats x3 what i had back then :D

Beating the CPU into submission with that cooling haha. I lost the silicon lottery with mine sadly, even 280mm for CPU couldn't keep my sucker cooled happily, even after slapping Noctua IPPC fans on there at silly noise. Then again, it lasted nearly 5 years. Time to retire this bugger.

Caporegime
Without getting into the nuances of who has what system now and who is prepared to swallow the most depreciation possible whilst branding it the 'easy shuffle', for someone with no PC system (or a very old one) buying a system now, the CPU choice is clear.

AMD.

Caporegime
pwned my backside :mad:

Just for the record, there is another cpu other than the 3700x and 3800x ..................................or havn't you bothered reading anything.
To be fair it did read an awful lot like you were planning to flip your 2700X and it did read an awful lot like you then said that you were going to do no such thing :D.

And what would £200 spent with Intel net you?
A t-shirt that says "no-one ever got fired for buying Intel."
It'd have holes in it, and they'd have to be sewn up every few months to make it wearable, though on the downside all of the sewing would result in shrinkage such that it wasn't fit for purpose anymore...unless you had a little brother that you liked giving hand-me-downs to.

Caporegime
Without getting into the nuances of who has what system now and who is prepared to swallow the most depreciation possible whilst branding it the 'easy shuffle', for someone with no PC system (or a very old one) buying a system now, the CPU choice is clear.

AMD.

The easy shuffle only works when you sell old gen while it still has worth..

Buy a 2700x for £329 sell it for £300 and buy a 3700x ....

It’s all about the timing.

Back
Top Bottom