• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
adored.png

:p :rolleyes:

Soldato
I think Jim has got a bit too invested in duff predictions. There's probably a private forum somehwhere where the "sources" are laughing their asses off. The one thing AMD could have really done with at Computex would have been showing clock parity with Intel. They didn't.

Caporegime
PS2 to PS3 CPU was a massive upgrade too - however due to architecture complexities most games never used the CPU to it's potential. That's the main difference this time - this time games will use the full power on tap

PS5 is gonna be a damn monster :eek:

If 8c/16t is good enough for Lisa to push then it's good enough for me! :D

Associate
I think Jim has got a bit too invested in duff predictions. There's probably a private forum somehwhere where the "sources" are laughing their asses off. The one thing AMD could have really done with at Computex would have been showing clock parity with Intel. They didn't.
Showing clock parity? WTF are you smoking? You meaning frequency parity? Currently they have an IPC advantage and with the current frequencies they should beat the entirety of the Intel range. Unless you have evidence to the contrary.

Also if you look at the leaks, the stack got moved with the R5's from the leak becoming the R7's and the R7 12c becoming the R9. It's not hard to see how the leak was pretty damn accurate, likely a later decision from AMD to alter the pricing and product positioning. The leaks were from December after all.

Man of Honour
Intel's reaction:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-processors.html?spredfast-trk-id=sf213397305

The many advantages of 10th Gen Intel® Core™ mobile processors are almost here — built-in AI, integrated Thunderbolt™ 3 technology and Intel® Wi-Fi 6, 4K HDR, and more. All on new CPU and GPU architectures produced on Intel’s advanced 10nm process.

Wonder when it'll be out and at what price. Ky 8086k is still going strong but it'll be nice to see the 16c/32t from AMD.

Soldato
These are 10nm mobile chips

Desktop 10nm nowhere to be seen.

But there will be some key stuff from this, we’ll see how much IPC Intel has extracted out of 10nm and that will tell where Intels 10nm desktop chips will lane relative to ryzen 3000.

Soldato
I wouldn't have thought all the X570 mobos with be that expensive. If they are surely nobody will buy them and just stick with 470? (Not) Happy to be proved wrong on release though:p.

Associate
I wouldn't have thought all the X570 mobos with be that expensive. If they are surely nobody will buy them and just stick with 470? (Not) Happy to be proved wrong on release though:p.
Well based on YouTube gigabytes top end X570 is 600Usd the next one down is 350. Moving down from my here they seem to hit every price point

Soldato
So what's the verdict on backwards compatibility on older boards? I've seen quite a few that a lot of the high end X470 boards with good VRM cooling should handle the 12 cores fine, but I'm starting to get worried if my K7 X370 board will handle it. Either way any of the chips looks very promising from my 1600X.

Looking at all these X570 boards as well, they mean serious business. Don't think I've seen boards this high end and feature filled for AMD for a long time :p.

Soldato
If the 3800x is level with a 9900k in games using just xfr I'd still say that's a success and will sell well given it will be cheaper, run cooler, have pcie4 compatibility and a possible upgrade path to a refresh. Even if the 3800x is only fractionally cheaper taking the board into account, it's hard to justify the 9900k now. Then again, it's been out a while so is that really a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom