Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgarrista
Commissario
£200 but worth every penny

Considering there are cheaper and better designed options out there, not really worth those pennies... I mean im not trying to have a go but this company irritates the **** out of me with their product. Its designed to waste resin so you buy more of their refills.

Man of Honour
Considering there are cheaper and better designed options out there, not really worth those pennies... I mean im not trying to have a go but this company irritates the **** out of me with their product. Its designed to waste resin so you buy more of their refills.

I would have gone for the RaceGlaze option but there’s actually a couple of people on the development that have them and said they make next to no difference because of how hard the water is around here and recommended these.
I get that they are basically using the same system to filter the water but I thought I’d try this one and it seems to have done the job

Associate
Today I picked up some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax to try out this week.

Gyeon Wet Coat is holding up well on mine, the beading is fantastic with the showers we have had today, despite the dust that builds so quickly in my estate. I'll give the Meguiars a go on the Mrs car as it's desperate for a good clean.

Soldato
Thought this may be the best place to ask. In the market for a pressure washer and the Bosch UniversalAquatak 135 is £123 currently. Can I do better for my money?

Associate
Apologies, I read your post that you perhaps wanted to spend a little less for something comparable.

I'm not sure if it's better, but I do remember reading not to get too hung up on bar pressure, if you look at the flow rates p/h both the Nilfisk I mentioned flow more water.

Soldato
Is it better though? The specs of the Bosch are quite a bit above the Nilfisks however it is at a £200 price point before the discount that is currently being applied on Amazon.
Lesson 1 with Amazon sales, they lie, just like every one else.

Check camelcamelcamel, it's normally sold for £150, not £199. It's also been as cheap as £79.

I have a Bosch washer, it's good but be aware that accessories are limited in availability due to the black and decker connection type, means you don't get many options with things like snow foam lances.

Soldato
Ok, this I had my eye on too: https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=16380

I'm looking at more expensive models as I tend to buy once and hopefully that's it for a very long time. Unless my methodology is flawed in this realm?

Perhaps take a look at Halfords - Karcher K4 (£165 down from £200) with a 3 Year Warranty.

I went with the K2 for £89 which has a 2 year warranty and is only used for 1/2 cars and if I get longer than 2 years out of it i'll be happy..

Soldato
Ended up going with this so thank you. Reading around the internet it seems Nilfisk have gone right downhill? If you register the Karcher you get an extra years warranty too so bonus.

No worries - I hope it ticks all of your boxes! I had my hands on one in store and it felt much better quality when compared against my Karcher K2 and as you say the extra year of warranty is a bonus which I did consider when suggesting the K4.

I hope you are currently pressure washing everything in sight like I did for the first hour :D

Nem

Nem

Associate
Really random one, I've found a 5L drum of AutoBrite Supa Snow Foam in the garage with 4L ish left in it which I'd totally forgotten about. Seems It's now about 10 years old, any possible idea if it's still any good or safe to use?

Soldato
For someone that wants to make their car look nice and shiny but doesn't want to fork out on a new pressure washer/fancy products, what's the best method/cheap products to use.
Right now, I'm using the two-bucket method with some car shampoo, rinse, dry, then carplan autogloss?
Where does clay bars/waxing come in to place?

Caporegime
For someone that wants to make their car look nice and shiny but doesn't want to fork out on a new pressure washer/fancy products, what's the best method/cheap products.
Right now, I'm using the two-bucket method with some car shampoo, rinse, dry, then carplan autogloss?
Where does clay bars/waxing come in to place?

You Clay AFTER wash, you don't clay a visibly dirty car.

So you would...

Snowfoam
rinse off snowfoam
2 bucket wash

Then you Clay bar.

Then you rinse and wash off again.

Now its Polish to fix the scratches if you want

Then you wax to protect.

If you are short on time you can just do...

Wash
Dry
Wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom