Holidays 2019

Soldato
Jet2 holidays, Thomas Cook, easyjet holidays, onthebeach, lastminute, booking.com.

Jet2, lastminute, booking.com you have to look destination by destination though.
I'd rather not use easyjet if I can help it :D. Aren't Thomas Cook in some trouble. I didn't know about onthebeach though, I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Soldato
First Choice which is effectively TUI now.

Off to Turkey for the 1st time ever... Usually go to Canaries but giving Turkey a go. 2 weeks in July.

Soldato
I may go to England for a holiday again later this year :o ( I live on that tiny rock called guernsey)

I would like go to france again but I still haven't got around to renewing my passport which expired some years ago :(

Soldato
First Choice which is effectively TUI now.

Off to Turkey for the 1st time ever... Usually go to Canaries but giving Turkey a go. 2 weeks in July.

Yeah, I thought the TUI site just has First Choice on it anyway. I think I booked one that way last year.

Anyone know how booking a 'holiday' through somewhere like onthebeach works for transfers from airport to hotel? Booking through a single operator it is all packaged but these seem to just crawl hotels and flights and join them up on your dates.

Soldato
Yeah, I thought the TUI site just has First Choice on it anyway. I think I booked one that way last year.

Anyone know how booking a 'holiday' through somewhere like onthebeach works for transfers from airport to hotel? Booking through a single operator it is all packaged but these seem to just crawl hotels and flights and join them up on your dates.

yeah - tui /first choice etc usually have bus transfer in as part of the deal.

Others may not - worth checking - however most main resort airports have taxi's/buses that you can sort easy enough. Been to Mallorca and just hired a minibus & driver for 7 of us and it was like 100 euros each way for 45 min transfer - way better than a huge coach with 5/6/7/8 drop off points.

Soldato
Jet2 holidays, Thomas Cook, easyjet holidays, onthebeach, lastminute, booking.com.

Good thing about TUI/Thomas Cook is that most stuff is included in the initial price (Luggage/Transfers etc), the problem with some of the latter providers is is says £600pp but then jumps up to around £850pp by the time you add on everything else.

We've just booked a week in Corfu, first beach holiday in years. Now just debating whether to get a standard Clio type car for £150 or get a Convertible Suzuki Jimny for £350. It wont get used much so difficult to justify the extra but i do love me a Jimny!

EDIT - Just seen the comments about transfer etc above. I should read the whole thread!

Soldato
I authorise the area holidays :p

This man knows what he's doing.

It's going to be a weird one for the Mrs and me this year, we've been gearing up her new business somewhat but at the moment that means a lot of weekends spent selling her jewellery at craft shows so not much time to spend on holidays. Equally money is a bit tight so we need to be careful.

We both have 2 weeks booked off in September. We're heading to the long road festival at the beginning of the two weeks, we bought the tickets for last years festival but due to some issues they've agreed to honour them this year instead so no additional spend there. We've then got a few days in France, we both have annual passes for Disneyland and they're doing a character night for members so that should be cool, will also take a few days in Paris, hoping to book a hotel in Val d'Europe using mainly clubcard points. Finally we're both paying into a joint pool to see if we can afford a beach break. If we manage it I've always wanted to book a proper last minute holiday, maybe a couple of days before and see what we can get.

So yeah, that's a lot to pack into two weeks!

Soldato
Just got to Slano in Croatia. Pretty good so far. We came to just chill on the beach, but ended up hiring a car and now have plans to pop over the border to Mostar in Bosnia at some point and possibly somewhere in Montenegro as well.

Associate
Had to seriously curtail the travelling due to a house renovation and a baby on the way, but we have Mexico booked for November and Melbourne (via Hawaii and New Zealand) in 2020 for a wedding.

Back
Top Bottom