New valve vr hmd

Soldato
Yes but lack of availability and i still play a lot of none sim games so wanted the better tracking and controllers of the rift s. Might pick one up in a few months depending on the reviews for my cockpit based games.

I think the Rift S or the Valve Index offer a much better VR package than the Reverb.

Soldato
Based on my experience I wouldn't recommend a Windows reality mixed headset to anyone. The game support is a bit patchy and the software janky. Maybe ok if you can get one cheaply but you'd be mental to spend HP Reverb money on one IMO.

I can't help but wonder if Microsoft will ditch it in the near future as they really don't seem to be putting much effort into supporting the platform anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Based on my experience I wouldn't recommend a Windows reality mixed headset to anyone. The game support is a bit patchy and the software janky. Maybe ok if you can get one cheaply but you'd be mental to spend HP Reverb money on one IMO.

I can't help but wonder if Microsoft will ditch it in the near future as they really don't seem to be putting much effort into supporting the platform anymore.
Looks like their concentrating on hololens 2 rather than wmr.

Soldato
Uploadvr journalist took several headsets for his family to try for the weekend. Out of the S, index, reverb and quest the Index became commonly known as 'the good one'.

Soldato
Looks like their concentrating on hololens 2 rather than wmr.

That's the impression I'm getting. They seem to have dropped both Windows Mixed Reality and Windows Phone/Mobile and are betting the farm that Augmented (Virtual) Reality is the thing that eventually supersedes both platforms. Hence the development of the Hololens and the complete lack of any new developments for WMR.

Back
Top Bottom