Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Associate
Yeah its a gem of a game really. I put it down once before as i couldn't be arsed after a save failed. Picked it back up and glad i did. Its a hard game to master in combat at least but it you become pretty lethal. I've heard there are tournements now to keep things going? Haven't checked it out. I did cheat a little and used a 100% save file which gave me everything in game so i was overburdened and could'nt move/get on horse.

That'll teach me to cheat!

Associate
Can get this for 14 pound something on gmg. With a steam sale not far away is it worth snatching for that?

What kind of performance im i looking at from a 980ti?

Cheers guys

Soldato
OP
So, the new patch 1.9 launched today which improves a metric somethington of stuff, and the last DLC is also out on steam (and free for backers).
Plus two videos:

Warhorse have been super busy.

Associate
So, despite promising myself I'd stay well away from this until the GOTY drops below the 20 quid mark, I picked this up at the weekend on the GOG sale for around 35 (the perils of leaving some spare cash in PayPal account).

Only a few hours in, just got past the intro credits and seem to have fallen into the Woman's Lot dlc, but absolutely loving it.

The gentle pacing and sensitivity of the storyline is really endearing. Can't wait to sink some hours in.

Also, playing it on the big screen via steam link. Owned one for ages but never really got any use out of it, but this game seems like a great fit for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Only a few hours in, just got past the intro credits and seem to have fallen into the Woman's Lot dlc, but absolutely loving it.

The gentle pacing and sensitivity of the storyline is really endearing. Can't wait to sink some hours in.
Looking forward to more impressions. Are you playing normal or hardcore mode? I am thinking about doing hardcore for my full playthrough, although I am worried about lack of fast travel option.

Btw two more vids got published, really nice trailer

Associate
I went for normal because I've read the views that this isn't your average hand holdy rpg. Wanted to enjoy the game, free from battling against the hardcore handicap. I also feel from what I've read that there's probably enough game here for at least two playthroughs. Playing likeable good guy, but might replay as badass next time.

I gave up on Woman's lot. It was great, but I don't think you can dip in and out of it once started and I'm so early in the game I just want to explore as Henry. Had to revert to an earlier save. That dlc does feel like it would fit as epilogue, much like the last witcher 3 dlc. Or maybe at least run it when you've done a significant amount of the main game and need a break.

Back to early Henry. Started the combat training. Oh wow, they certainly put a good amount of thought in to making pressing buttons feel connected to the combat on screen. It's a better system than I've seen in most other games and clearly has scope for the character (through stats) and the player (through motor skill practice) to improve.

Did have a couple of jarring moments from a story pov. First, I'm playing Henry as a good boy, polite if possible in dialogue. During the first round of combat training he had a run in with Capon, and only had bad attitude dialogue options. Fair enough, he might have reasons to not like the nobility.

Mostly though I'm just wandering around, soaking up the views and atmosphere. Don't feel any compulsion to hammer the quest lines yet. It's nice to play at a slower pace.

Soldato
OP
I went for normal because I've read the views that this isn't your average hand holdy rpg. Wanted to enjoy the game, free from battling against the hardcore handicap. I also feel from what I've read that there's probably enough game here for at least two playthroughs. Playing likeable good guy, but might replay as badass next time.
Yeah for first playthrough nonhardcore is safer. For me from the hardcore elements one that I am most excited about is the fact that there is no icon for Henry on the map. So you genuinely have to navigate based on environment and landmarks, pay closer attention to the surroundings. And the insomniac perk where you go to sleep and wake up in random places sounds pretty funny :)
Woman's Lot is better left for bit later, yeah.

Soldato
Yeah for first playthrough nonhardcore is safer. For me from the hardcore elements one that I am most excited about is the fact that there is no icon for Henry on the map. So you genuinely have to navigate based on environment and landmarks, pay closer attention to the surroundings. And the insomniac perk where you go to sleep and wake up in random places sounds pretty funny :)
Woman's Lot is better left for bit later, yeah.
Insomniac plays havoc when you are camping nearby to an intended Cuman camp target, and then wake up in the middle of a field and no map marker to guide you!

It's great.

Soldato
Picked up this up, some site is selling the game + DLC for 18 quiid.

Do you guys use any ENBs? I've downloaded the apex mod. Seems quite neat. Going to start playing this game alongside Dishonored 2.

Soldato
OP
Picked up this up, some site is selling the game + DLC for 18 quiid.

Do you guys use any ENBs? I've downloaded the apex mod. Seems quite neat. Going to start playing this game alongside Dishonored 2.

I googled Apex and it does seem to look interesting, more saturated. The game is so gorgeous

I might use it as well in my full playthrough

Soldato
I googled Apex and it does seem to look interesting, more saturated. The game is so gorgeous

I might use it as well in my full playthrough

Yeah, can you try using apex and tell me what you think of its affect on NPC models? On one hand apex actually gives the models lighting but i do feel it takes a way a bit of the facial bone detail of the characters. in vanilla the models have that bit more definition but I guess as a negative is if they're standing in shadow.. you can still clearly see what they look like. After dishonored 2 this will definitley be the next game I check out.

Back
Top Bottom