• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hi guys,

Just joined as I have been looking for a fix for my current issue I have with my graphics card and I couldn't find anything so I'm writing here to hopefully get a definite solution to my problem.

So to start off, my hardware spec:
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 - Motherboard
AMD FX8150 - Processor
16gb DDR3 RAM - I can't remember what brand it is
POWERCOLOR AMD RX570 4gb - graphics card (Currently Installed)

EVGA NVIDIA GTX 570hd - graphics card (my previous card)

Now I have recently bought myself an AMD rx570 card as a little upgrade to my PC, I know my spec is quite old fashioned and I will probably be building a new PC possibly mid next year :D:cool:

Anyway onto the point, my previous card was working absolutely fine but not coping too well with my occasional PC gaming, so decided to look for something more capable at a decent price, so the 'new' rx570 arrived, I excitedly kind of rushed with the installation and without uninstalling any nvidia drivers I have swapped out the cards, booted up the PC, tried to install the latest drivers for the AMD and since then I have been getting compatibility error?

Specifically I am getting an error code 43 when I looked it up in the device manager. Now I am really questioning myself if I have done the appropriate card compatibility research :confused:. I have seen posts of people using the same motherboard but using the FX8350 processor and running the rx570 card without issues so I am a bit confused as to why mine is not running...

I have been trying different methods of uninstalling any previous device drivers and even using the DDU software to see if maybe this would do the trick, but still no luck. First time my method was to uninstall the rx570 drivers in the device manager, restart the PC and install the latest driver straight away once booted up. Second method I have tried using the DDU software in normal Windows mode to get rid of any NVIDIA drivers and AMD drivers and restarting the PC and installing the drivers that came with the card on the disc. Another try I have done everything the same as my second method but instead tried to install latest graphic drivers again with no luck.

I have then decided to try using the DDU software in safe mode, uninstall all the graphic device drivers, switch the PC off, unplug the card...leave it a few min and insert it back into the slot and boot the PC back up into normal mode (no internet connection) and then install the latest graphics drivers again with no luck of the card running...

I am at this point getting a bit frustrated if it is the hardware I have thats not compatible with the card or something I'm doing wrong to install the card correctly... I have read that there is another option of flashing the card's BIOS? but from what I understand it could be quite a risky thing to do...

All the drivers for the chipset, vga etc have been recently updated along with mobo BIOS... now everytime I boot up the PC I get a notification of graphics card hardware compatibility problem, device manager highlighting the card with AMBER warning and reading error code 43...

I will post a picture up of the error message later on tonight when I get back home from work.

In the meantime has anyone got any solutions for this issue? or have I been naive enough to buy a card that does not comply with my existing hardware?

Cheers in advance guys :)

Associate
OP
Thanks @Davedree, I will try this as soon as I get back home.

It is a 2nd hand card, but there was nothing in the description that it was used for mining, I have been informed that it was used for less than 6 months too...

Thanks again, I will post my results later tonight if it has fixed it.

Soldato
I had a similar code 43 problem going the other way (RX 580 to GTX 1070). It turned out to be a conflict between the Nvidia drivers and an app I was using to have an iPad as a second display (Duet display). It’s worth uninstalling anything you have on your machine that could possibly conflict with driver installation.

Associate
OP
Hi guys, so I have fixed the problem now! The card is now finally recognized with latest drivers installed and displaying no error codes. Thank you @Davedree for your suggestion it worked! However instead of the patch 1.4.7 I have used a 1.4.6 as the first one had a virus on it... Anyways, thank you again for your quick fix dude!

@Blue160 thanks for this info, if @Davedree 's solution wouldn't have worked I would try yours next :D

Back
Top Bottom