• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
they might be. we still dont know yet. lets wait for benchmarks. then we will see the actual facts. not loyal amd fanboyism. you probably wont buy either anyway. your sitting on acient tech blasting this that. drop the brand loyalty. its far easier.
LOL. the only reason I am on "ancient tech" is because Intel haven't been worth upgrading to. Gains were marginal. I nearly bought Zen1 but waited for Zen2. Big deal.
I have literally no brand loyalty. Your calling me out as AMD brand loyal? And my current system is Blue and Green. So yeah whatever.

Soldato
LOL. the only reason I am on "ancient tech" is because Intel haven't been worth upgrading to. Gains were marginal. I nearly bought Zen1 but waited for Zen2. Big deal.
I have literally no brand loyalty. Your calling me out as AMD brand loyal? And my current system is Blue and Green. So yeah whatever.

So many folks like yourself, and me online. Intel didn't have much to upgrade to, 1-5% at most IPC increases every 2nd generation, with some clock speed bumps. Each upgrade facilitating a new motherboard also.

Was easier to just upgrade your GPU, and change monitor to see a bigger impact on overall performance and enjoyment.

Permabanned
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X Box WOF (Sockel TR4, 14nm, YD192XA8AEWOF) 381.99 €
Arctic Freezer 33 TR Weiß (ACFRE00039A) 36.59 €
GigaByte X399 Aorus Pro 285.00 €
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB Kit DDR4-3200 CL16 (F4-3200C15D-16GVKB) 84.98 €
Inter-Tech Argus RGB CM 750W 59.90 €
Total: 848.46 €

? ?

Soldato
They literally arent related at all lol. Yet another of this industries bizarre bizarre myths.
When was it debunked then? The only thing I can see is an interview with Lisa Su on a Korean tech site where she dismisses it. But of course she will dismiss it because it immediately raises eyebrows about price fixing in the graphics industry because the CEOs of competing companies are actually related.

Soldato
So many folks like yourself, and me online. Intel didn't have much to upgrade to, 1-5% at most IPC increases every 2nd generation, with some clock speed bumps. Each upgrade facilitating a new motherboard also.

Was easier to just upgrade your GPU, and change monitor to see a bigger impact on overall performance and enjoyment.
Yup. Which is exactly what I have done. 1060 - 1080. 1440p monitor.
Im happy in the knowledge I have done the right thing at the right time.
Now is time for a CPU upgrade. Because AMD have given me something worth buying.

they might be. we still dont know yet. lets wait for benchmarks. then we will see the actual facts. not loyal amd fanboyism. you probably wont buy either anyway. your sitting on acient tech blasting this that. drop the brand loyalty. its far easier.
Can you provide us a list of the top 10 benchmarks that you'd like to see? Ideally with the settings and resolutions that you'd like to see them at (assuming you only choose games).

Soldato
When was it debunked then? The only thing I can see is an interview with Lisa Su on a Korean tech site where she dismisses it. But of course she will dismiss it because it immediately raises eyebrows about price fixing in the graphics industry because the CEOs of competing companies are actually related.
Likewise the only "proof" it is true is some youtube video in mandarin that allegedly says that its mentioned in there.

EDIT- Actually i think this guy has blocked me, so this is futile

Associate
Likewise the only "proof" it is true is some youtube video in mandarin that allegedly says that its mentioned in there.

EDIT- Actually i think this guy has blocked me, so this is futile
yeah, I just had a look and there's nothing like a credible source for it, just people spreading it on forums. So despite previously thinking it was too odd for someone to have just made up, I think its likely a myth

Caporegime
I was referring to the clocks, boosts, and TDPs, with the names and prices being correct with eachother but not with the actual CPUs. You can argue that they are not all identical, but they aren't far off.

As for launches etc, it isn't just leaks that can be incorrect; we've had Intel telling us for years that they're launching 10nm CPUs, yet no sign of them other than woefully underperforming laptop 8121u (or whatever they called it). Products get delayed for any number of reasons. You cannot expect something to be perfectly correct as a leak if it is generated 7-8 months ahead of announcement, and 9-10 months ahead of release.

Its like you are intentionally being obtuse out of hatred of a YTer.
You should learn not to take every leak literally as being 100% accurate information, and maybe then you'll stop being an ass about someone that genuinely does try to at least make a case for why his sources are trustworthy.
What is funny is that every video of his actually comes with numerous occasions where he outright says that what he's saying should be taken with a healthy dose of salt. Instead, it seems you take a healthy dose of sour grapes. A bit pathetic really.
The guy is trying to make a living out of providing insight into something we're all interested in. No-one would intentionally lie if doing so ruined all future prospects.
Maybe he was naive in being too ready to trust his sources. Maybe not. We'll get a better picture when we know more about what is going on at an architectural level in due course. Either way, Zen 2 is due to be a monster even if the clocks aren't what was leaked; I don't recall him making monster IPC gain claims along with super clocks.

THey aren't far off, because they wouldn't be far off. The 65/95/105W have already been used, and not being bang on makes them wrong, everyone can come up with the same guesses. He specifically stated 5Ghz on 12 core only a week or so ago, he was saying up to 5Ghz for 7-8 months, he was wrong, completely wrong and saying he was totally right, except maybe a touch off, on the things that really don't matter much while using standard numbers is insane.

Again, what do you think the clock speed and name of the 10core 14nm chip Intel is bringing out, do you really think you'd be more than 200Mhz out, do you really think the stated TDP will be that far off. My guess is they'll call it a 105W TDP chip (but will use a lot more than that). These things aren't difficult, when anything that isn't a basic guess is significantly wrong then the person is talking out of their behind. If they guess that a chip in the third series is going to be called a 3800x... and there is a chip called a 3800x, proclaiming him as pretty accurate is crazy.

CPUs have had chips at the 65 and 95W targets for years because those are what OEMs design for, so having chips at those TDPs isn't remotely surprising, it's literally expected. Why do you think Intel made the 9900k a 95W chip... that only actually works at 95W in OEM systems but most shipping enthusiast motherboards have as stock settings that let it use a lot more. Why do you think it was important to them that without bios options for enthusiasts, that the chip used 95W at stock for OEMs, magic. You think the stars aligned and all AMD/Intel chips happened to use 95W chips in such systems?

Also again, the argument isn't that he stats it as fact, it isn't that his sources were wrong, it's that in one of his videos he literally shows the statement of his sources for why Ryzen won't be chiplets this time, but none of those statements at all say it's monolithic, he simply made up whatever he wanted out of what his sources told him. Something you seem to be ignoring. THree separate sources said nothing about being monolithic, so he stated... Ryzen will be monolithic, then after it was shown as a chiplet he kept saying and defending himself by saying the sources got it wrong not him.

He both talks crap when he's proven wrong time and time again, he acts like a child, he passes the blame for everything he gets wrong on other people but again, fundamentally he's shown that if three sources tell him something, he will post a video saying he has information of something none of those sources came close to saying.

Soldato
That's so deliciously ironic it's genuinely made my day.

Well I am rocking an Intel right now and have done through my last 3-4 machines, but based on what I am seeing and the ANNOUNCED price points; so far I am happy to recommend AMD and am genuinely hoping the 3000 series is great. Progress or competition is good for all of us, regardless of brand preference or what you currently rock.

IF and I do say IF what we are being told is anywhere near accurate; and the Ryzen 2000 is anything of a basis, Ryzen 3000 is taking the fight to Intel in performance and pricing too. Can't wait to see more at E3.

I would say I'm slightly AMD biased; but I've been Intel since my Q6600, price performance is my king, and its finally time the monarchy changed again; as the blue guard has got distinctly lazy, and it's given red team chance to catch up.

Whoops! :)

My dislike of both Intel and Nvidia tends to be on a pricing (and to a lesser degree ethics), I will still buy either is there is a good reason too, as brand loyalty does nothing for me. Funding/buying great parts does.

A friend of mine is currently rocking a Haswell I5, and has started doing more pro video editing and CPU intensive work. The potential move from 4C/4Th to 12C/24TH has him quite excited; and based on current info, unlike older Ryzen, it doesnt look like there will be huge negative gaming wise for him to go that way either. Best of both worlds for his prosumer usage!

Permabanned
Again, what do you think the clock speed and name of the 10core 14nm chip Intel is bringing out, do you really think you'd be more than 200Mhz out, do you really think the stated TDP will be that far off. My guess is they'll call it a 105W TDP chip (but will use a lot more than that).

125W i10-1090X.

Caporegime
Can you provide us a list of the top 10 benchmarks that you'd like to see? Ideally with the settings and resolutions that you'd like to see them at (assuming you only choose games).

1080 and above. low and ultra setting for said games. this matters a lot ! no single player games ! massive and shows the real advantage of owning faster cpu. most single player games dont challenge like mp does. also popular titles people actually play daily and not just some amd title or intel title.

PUBG
BATTLEFIELD 5 mp big servers
theHunter Call of the wild ( seems odd its actually one of the highest spec games on pc)
Mordhau
Grand theft auto 5
Rainbow six seige
APEX

to name a few. that covers many grounds and popular modern titles. played daily.

Associate
12C/24T AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X $329
12C/24T AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X £570

Why would you consider a 3900X? :D
Higher IPC, lower latency both single and multi thread. Potentially higher overclock.
Depending on task it could make a huge difference.
Also if not chasing PCIE4.0, motherboards are much cheaper.

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB Kit DDR4-3200 CL16 (F4-3200C15D-16GVKB) 84.98 €
The RAM kit you selected is dual channel. Go for 4 channels if you stick with Threadripper

Caporegime

how do you know they are marginal ? can i astound you and tell you there has been massive gains for years over what you have. for games for eg cpus that can give probably double fps over what you have on your rig for last 2-3 years. i understand you want value but what kind of performance are you after. for eg i play pubg with someone daily who has your spec literally the same. in pubg its less than half of what our team get in every game. slower to load in terrible fps. some of the hardware being used isnt even top end.

Back
Top Bottom