*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
AJ and Fury both beat Wilder in my eyes. Fury certainly already beat him, Ortiz was unlucky not to beat him and AJ would be too fast and defend better than both Ortiz and Breazeles. Course its one punch away from good night, but i feel AJ would land way more and have him wobbled and out in 6. Fury would just outbox him again and again and again with good defense.
Thing is with Fury is he has very little punch power and isn’t as fit as AJ imo. I think AJ would walk him down and get to him eventually, and unlike Wilders single shots, AJ would get him with combos to really get rid of his legs.

Soldato
Thing is with Fury is he has very little punch power and isn’t as fit as AJ imo. I think AJ would walk him down and get to him eventually, and unlike Wilders single shots, AJ would get him with combos to really get rid of his legs.
Fury has cardio for 12 rounds, and proven it. Still out classed Wilder for practically 12 rounds, one mistake almost cost him aside from that it was domination.

Soldato
I don't believe Fury was "out cold" when Wilder clipped him, he never got hit full on with Wilders right and his follow up left hook Fury was falling backwards anyway so probably took most the impact away from it, he fell heavy but who knows might of been clever from Fury to avoid the full impact it was best to let himself fall back, the right maybe stunned him.

Wilder catching anyone clean on the chin its going to be finished, he just couldn't touch Fury with him being so illusive. AJ is more static so more chance Wilder will catch him clean, but AJ is a great finisher like Wilder so I really think its the cliche between those two of however lands first probably wins.

The heavyweight scene definitely needs another big match up now, probably early 2020, its inevitable. There are 4 of them now, definitely can't avoid each other forever there are too many.

Fury, Wilder, AJ, Whyte I'm talking about.

Soldato
Don’t the federations decide the matches? Wouldn’t that make it all far more competitive? Rather than the holders fighting who they choose to hopefully prolong their reign..

Soldato
Should beat him on power and strength alone.

Ruiz will probably do well til he gets clipped. Don't think Ruiz has the power to really get AJ out of there...but guess its HW who knows.

Soldato
What is wilder doing re-matching Ortiz... does anyone really care about that fight...

Wilder and his team I have no idea what the plan is except take as many fights to get to 50-0, 51-0 maybe something in it I don't know.. Just don't see the point of an endless no loss record if you don't mix it with all the top guys

Permabanned
Regarding public workouts, the best example of "don't read much into it" were Mayweather's: he'd throw more punches during those than he would over the course of 5 fights :p. ...Yes, I'm aware that the first half of his career (including some championship fights) he threw many more punches, and during the latter half he still did enough (barely sometimes) to get his opponents' respect and deserve the wins, and of course his defence is top 5 all-time (I personally think Sweet Pea was better).

Soldato
What is wilder doing re-matching Ortiz... does anyone really care about that fight...

Wilder and his team I have no idea what the plan is except take as many fights to get to 50-0, 51-0 maybe something in it I don't know.. Just don't see the point of an endless no loss record if you don't mix it with all the top guys
2019 is just going to be a lost year in the heavyweight division. Wilder won't fight anyone, AJ won't fight anyone, Fury won't fight anyone. Whyte will say he wants the fights then not take them and fight nobody either!

2020 on the other hand you feel is going to be the year they have to fight each other.

Soldato
2019 is just going to be a lost year in the heavyweight division. Wilder won't fight anyone, AJ won't fight anyone, Fury won't fight anyone. Whyte will say he wants the fights then not take them and fight nobody either!

2020 on the other hand you feel is going to be the year they have to fight each other.
Hopefully they are all punished with poor PPV sales.

Back
Top Bottom