***Death Stranding***

Soldato
Full release trailer here, 8th November release date:

A few things make more sense now after watching that, but for me there's still a real danger it could end up being pretentious, over-complicated nonsense. I truly hope I'm wrong, after MGS5 I need something to help restore my faith in Kojima.

Soldato
A few things make more sense now after watching that, but for me there's still a real danger it could end up being pretentious, over-complicated nonsense. I truly hope I'm wrong, after MGS5 I need something to help restore my faith in Kojima.

Pretty much sums up my feelings at the moment. At least we don't have too much longer to wait.

Soldato
Part of me thinks this will be great but a greater part of me is thinking that it will be some self-indulgent mumbo jumbo. Hey-ho I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Soldato
It looks amazing....as a film / movie

The gameplay needs to be shown more, could be a bog standard cover shooter with epic cutscenes

On the fence, plus there were hints of open world stealth, which I'm not the biggest fan of

Soldato
I have no idea what this game is about still, but I cannot wait! correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like GAME are sold out of the LE's does anyone know if these have gone live yet?

Soldato
Don't get the negativity here, I'll reserve my judgment till it's out and we know the actual plot but what's been shown so far looks more intriguing than your average game released nowadays.

Even if it ends up a but pretentious but fresh and engaging, I'll be more than happy.
I would've preferred Silent Hills but I think Kojima will deliver at least a solid game with an interesting premise.

If I understand this right, it's going to be an open world online game where you have to connect settlements across the US to rebuild society after a post-apocalyptic event? Sounds like an interesting premise, if so. IF it's not marred by technical problems. Remaining hopeful though, like @Amatsubu says it's certainly more interesting than most stuff being touted at the moment (Cyberpunk 2077 notwithstanding!).

Soldato
Looks very weird both in terms of story and the gameplay sections which looked clunky/awkward. Kudos for releasing such a long trailer but I was left utterly confused about how the gameplay sections tied into the cutscenes. If creating a ladder and running away from some pretty bad AI are amongst the highlights they wanted to show off then it does drop expectations a bit.

Fingers crossed that the weirdness comes together in the full game as it'd be a real shame for this to be a flop after the wait and some of the talent involved.

Soldato
Very interesting trailer - but I lose track of Kojima's stuff pretty quickly - even MSG had so much weird stuff, that I eventually switch off from the story and ended up playing a shooter.

Hopefully we'll get treated to more videos soon enough, as this is a small blip on my radar right now.

Back
Top Bottom