Heads up - Custom PC free issue for relaunch.

Soldato
Just a heads up if you read or are interested in reading Custom PC magazine, it seems they were bought by the R-Pi foundation and have had a relaunch. As part of this they are giving away some copies of their magazine here:

https://custompc.raspberrypi.org/features/try-issue-190-for-free

I just tried and received a confirmation email, looking forward to giving it a read as I haven't done so in a while.

(Cleared with mods).

Caporegime
Having recently received a free copy of this I’m glad it was free, nothing in it that a few minutes of Google wouldn’t reveal, and struck me as somewhat biased towards Scam computers......

Not worth £5.99 I’m afraid, still a bit meh even when you consider this issue is free.

Caporegime
people who buy magazines tend to be those that are so bored that they just want something to read to kill time.

the cost of some of the rigs was eye watering. customising pc's using a dremel, etc is for advanced pc users who would likely know how to do it and best learnt from a youtube video anyway.

youtube and the internet has replaced magazines.

Soldato
youtube and the internet has replaced magazines.

Sadly that's true. As a kid I used to love getting Gamemaster magazines and I think I bought every issue of the unofficial Nintendo Game Cube mag (had quite a few for the PS1 and DC-UK) they were the highlight of getting dragged to the supermarket.
I did have a subscription to Game Informer on my iPad which was nice to read well written articles but it just wasn't the same so i cancelled after a couple of years

Man of Honour
tbh I subscribe to Custom PC.. cancel for one edition then reorder .. I think it's a fiver each time.

Who remembers WH Smiths has a whole
aisle of PC mags.. Barely a few now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom