World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
In reality, it will barely dent the game. It's everyone being hurt they didn't get beta. People are forgetting that the chances of actually running into a streamer with their fans babysitting them will be pretty slim.

Especially in EU servers, id imagine most big streamers are american?

As for professions, thatll depend on what class im going with, which also depends what faction im going with, so too early to tell for me.

Soldato
Professions wise I'm going dual gathering while levelling so I can hopefully afford mounts. I'll either go skinning/herb and drop skinning for alch at 60 or got skinning/mining and drop skinning for Eng.

Associate
You must have lost it a few times? I got both dal rends as rogue in less runs, think one was only 4% chance.
Yes. There were always more plate wearers in a 15 man ubrs group. The other warriors wanted valour chest and also the pallies for there non healing sets.
i also had both dalrends well before i got the warrior chest. I used to wear the shaman mail shoulders as part of my dps set as well.
I am not sure when it was changed from 15 to 10. I have no idea what versions Classic will have. I seem to recall 10 mannin scholo and strat a few times as well.

Associate
Anyone happen to know the system requirements for this? I wonder if it'll play relatively well on integrated 620 graphics?
You can play basic wow on a toaster. Classic has extra dev time invested into it and is using the original textures/models. It should run smooth on pretty much anything.

Soldato
Anyone happen to know the system requirements for this? I wonder if it'll play relatively well on integrated 620 graphics?

It will essentially have the same system requirements as Legion as that's the engine it's using:

• OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 with latest service pack.
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom II X3 720.
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5670 or Intel HD Graphics 5000.
  • RAM: 2 GB.

Soldato
In reality, it will barely dent the game. It's everyone being hurt they didn't get beta. People are forgetting that the chances of actually running into a streamer with their fans babysitting them will be pretty slim.

In the beta I'm running across a streamer every few minutes :D But they're easy to avoid also.

I think even with bugs this is as good as it's going to get. Low pop, but with people who are interested and engaged.

Man of Honour
In the beta I'm running across a streamer every few minutes :D But they're easy to avoid also.

I think even with bugs this is as good as it's going to get. Low pop, but with people who are interested and engaged.

Wouldn't surprise me if that is indeed the case, MMOs always tend to be best during the beta, before the unwashed masses get in at release and spoil everything

Soldato
OP
I just hope that TSM is allowed in the beta. With enchanting, jewelcrafting and blacksmithing I was literally printing money in LK. You ever used TradeSkillMaster?

The reality is most of the big Wow streamers on NA servers, its not even going to dent the EU servers.

I have both EU and US accounts, but as I'm currently based in the US (I'm from the UK), I'll probably spin up a toon on the US west servers simply to avoid ping issues as well as player count being good to find dungeon groups.

As for TSM, used it extensively with a lot of my own config on retail. Make some very nice gold in legion. I'm hoping to avoid it during the first month for vanilla as I just don't have the time to keep on top of the market going crazy. I won't be hardcore in this, so I'm cool with not being too geared.

My guild (Toast, based on Area 52 US server, one of the biggest guilds in WoW) will be setting up in Vanilla no doubt however I very much doubt I'll be able to keep up with the main teams.

Don
The reality is most of the big Wow streamers on NA servers, its not even going to dent the EU servers.
There's one or two guys on EU, but nowhere near as big as the like of Asmongold and the ilk.

Had a few hours tonight of the beta before the stress test server goes back offline, seems authentic and the general social aspect of it is definitely there.

Soldato
One post Classic thing I would like them to keep is to disable people needing on items they can't use. Nothing worse than your tank shield dropping them some douche clothie hitting need so they can DE it for mats....

Associate
One post Classic thing I would like them to keep is to disable people needing on items they can't use. Nothing worse than your tank shield dropping them some douche clothie hitting need so they can DE it for mats....
There are lots of tweaks they could make like this. As soon as they do start making theses changes its no longer a Classic experience.
Like having Shaman and Palladin gear drop in instances when an entire faction didnt have those classes. Its just part of the experience you have to deal with.

Soldato

I doubt they'll do this, and I kinda hope not. What made vanilla was it's niggles and oddness. There's literally an entire Hunter Loot meme because of this. People ported DKP systems to deal with loot distribution. I had a massive tantrum on vent because I lost the onyxia bag to a guy who had only been to two raids.

If we took all the "one thing they should keep..."s that have been posted all over, you'd just have BFA. People want the new models, the new auto loots, the new quest logs, the new loot distro.

There are some features from retail in the beta (meeting stones, battlemasters) but not many. Having to actually read the quest log rather than just mindlessly heading to the blue bit of the map and hitting the highlighted mobs has been refreshing.

Soldato
Each to their own, I loved Vanilla but I don't hold it in godlike status. I actually thought early tbc (pre the mega nerf that made it easy for everyone) was the best incarnation as what people are calling "quirks" were actually infuriatingly stupid mechanics and have only become quirks with the passage of time, early TBC removed the vast majority of those.

As I say each to their own, I'll still play.

DKP :D we had that in our guild, how did you manage to lose out to someone with only 2 raids? Had you spent your points elsewhere? I remember me and the other warrior tank bidding for an upgraded chest in Naxx I think it was, I knew he had more DKP and would win but only a hundred or so so I rinsed him and bankrupted his DKP stash and over the next few weeks won about 4 upgrades for peanuts :D he wasn't a happy bunny, I was :D

Soldato
I definitely don't hold it to god status. Some features are just annoying, it's ludicrously difficult for ungrouped non-healers in early levels, there's like 1 graveyard per zone and hardly any flightpaths (there's no flightpath in Elwynn or Dun Morogh for example). 1hr Hearthstones. But that's the game that got me hooked, and this is literally an excercise in nostalgia. Playing through the beta atm (18 Hunter, 14 Mage, 9 Warrior) and it feels like it did before. I keep firing up retail (I don't have BFA) and playing for a few minutes before feeling meh. This beta I've sunk hours into. It took all day yesterday (well, 7 hours which is my playable day) to get 2 levels on Hunter. If you didn't play vanilla, I honestly don't think this will do anything for you.

We didn't use DKP in our guild hence losing the bag. We just judged who was realistically going to use an item and rolled for it (using /roll, then the raid leader would then trade the item). Mains over ALTs, for example, mainspec over offspec. It worked well for progression, we got all the server firsts for a long time.

Soldato
I definitely don't hold it to god status. Some features are just annoying, it's ludicrously difficult for ungrouped non-healers in early levels, there's like 1 graveyard per zone and hardly any flightpaths (there's no flightpath in Elwynn or Dun Morogh for example). 1hr Hearthstones. But that's the game that got me hooked, and this is literally an excercise in nostalgia. Playing through the beta atm (18 Hunter, 14 Mage, 9 Warrior) and it feels like it did before. I keep firing up retail (I don't have BFA) and playing for a few minutes before feeling meh. This beta I've sunk hours into. It took all day yesterday (well, 7 hours which is my playable day) to get 2 levels on Hunter. If you didn't play vanilla, I honestly don't think this will do anything for you.

We didn't use DKP in our guild hence losing the bag. We just judged who was realistically going to use an item and rolled for it (using /roll, then the raid leader would then trade the item). Mains over ALTs, for example, mainspec over offspec. It worked well for progression, we got all the server firsts for a long time.

I played Vanilla and was in a number one raid guild on my server, Shadow something or other, it eventually got turned into a Russian server and we got a free transfer. Never played beyond a few weeks in Cata to see the changes to the old zones so can't really comment on what it's like these days.

I as I say I will play and enjoy and I'm fine with it all mechanically (HS, flight played, levelling speed etc) just the mechanics that allow douche like activities seem a weird inclusion especially when they have already compromised on a few elements and changed the base game. I avoided it all shortly after getting into the game by being in a big guild but I do remember early level DM runs and toxic behaviour which was rife in game.

Caporegime

Blizzard deffo need to fix some things and continue the Vanilla theme whilst not detracting from the experience. 50g to respec was a pain and had no need really. Main Tanks had Alts for PVP. Same with healers. Class balance in PVE end game was pretty rubbish as well with some classes having no scaleability. Hunters went from one of the top DPS in molten core to one of the worse in Naxx.

Caporegime
I played Vanilla and was in a number one raid guild on my server, Shadow something or other, it eventually got turned into a Russian server and we got a free transfer. Never played beyond a few weeks in Cata to see the changes to the old zones so can't really comment on what it's like these days.

I as I say I will play and enjoy and I'm fine with it all mechanically (HS, flight played, levelling speed etc) just the mechanics that allow douche like activities seem a weird inclusion especially when they have already compromised on a few elements and changed the base game. I avoided it all shortly after getting into the game by being in a big guild but I do remember early level DM runs and toxic behaviour which was rife in game.

Wow is all about community and guild. We had a fantastic guild Shadow Ryders on the Maelstrom and I was in it from the beginning so all 5 man dungeons were with guild right up to Naxx 40 man. Even battlegrounds were guild or a mixture of the top ones. Makes for a much better experience when you are not getting frustrated with ninjas and noobs.

Back
Top Bottom