Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Haha, that red interior is a bit of a bloodbath. Nice but a bit OTT. The crap wheel and older Nav system are really crap for what is an £86k car.

A Gen1 R8 V10+ is a far cooler prospect and an absolute animal compared to a 991 4s, plus cheaper!

Really nice isn't it! I think there's a thread on 911uk about that one. £27k is on the higher side for a C4S with 70,000 miles, but you don't get many yellow ones!

Yup, found it originally on 911uk then saw the Ad. A bit spendy but the colour and spec really make it quite the car.

This is from someone who hated the fried egg look but has now grown to like it, more so that a 997.

Soldato
Haha, that red interior is a bit of a bloodbath. Nice but a bit OTT. The crap wheel and older Nav system are really crap for what is an £86k car.

A Gen1 R8 V10+ is a far cooler prospect and an absolute animal compared to a 991 4s, plus cheaper!

Yup, found it originally on 911uk then saw the Ad. A bit spendy but the colour and spec really make it quite the car.

This is from someone who hated the fried egg look but has now grown to like it, more so that a 997.

The 996 4S is getting a real cult following. I sometimes wonder if it would have been a more interesting choice than a 997. Both cars are great to drive.

The R8 V10 is a serious piece of kit. An actual super car rather than a sports car. Depends on what you want I guess, but a manual mid engined V10 is a rare breed. Alternatives include a Gallardo or a Carrera GT.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 996 4S is getting a real cult following. I sometimes wonder if it would have been a more interesting choice than a 997. Both cars are great to drive.

Interesting. I've seen another on the 911uk classifieds, in blue, with 113k, but a full Hartech rebuild and owned by one of the Hartech owners previously. Looks ok for 17k, if there's been a suspension refresh somewhere in those later miles.

The R8 V10 is a serious piece of kit. An actual super car rather than a sports car. Depends on what you want I guess, but a manual mid engined V10 is a rare breed. Alternatives include a Gallardo or a Carrera GT.

The R8 V10+ scared the hell out of me when I got a px ride ride in one, just such a visceral feeling. The 911 did not get close to that acceleration or noise, despite the cracking 6 engine.

Carrera GT would be the want of wants, but I'd also have wanted to invest my savings in crypto back in 2016 to be able to afford one now :p

I

Soldato
Interesting. I've seen another on the 911uk classifieds, in blue, with 113k, but a full Hartech rebuild and owned by one of the Hartech owners previously. Looks ok for 17k, if there's been a suspension refresh somewhere in those later miles.

The R8 V10+ scared the hell out of me when I got a px ride ride in one, just such a visceral feeling. The 911 did not get close to that acceleration or noise, despite the cracking 6 engine.

Carrera GT would be the want of wants, but I'd also have wanted to invest my savings in crypto back in 2016 to be able to afford one now :p

I

Haven’t seen the 4S with 117k on it, but if it’s been cared for and had a full engine rebuild and suspension work, I’d say that £17k looks very enticing. Especially if you’re actually going to be adding miles to the car. A lot of people seem to buy 911’s with the next owner and resale value in mind, which is a shame. If you can take advantage of a great car which has actually been driven you’re on to a winner. In hindsight I could have saved a lot of cash this way!

Associate
We had a drive of this 991 last week when going for a browse at the OPC.

Lovely car with the sport exhaust and the red interior was great. Hated the old style wheel and silly dual sided push button paddle things and the fact it's quite expensive :D

It also didn't feel as fast as I thought it would. Cracking sound and a good pull, but it felt slower than the m50d even though it clearly isn't!

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Targa-4S-72307

Absolutely shocking they're presenting an £86k car with the wheels in that state!

Associate
Morning all!

Trickle charger/battery conditioner etc am I right in thinking the - CTEK MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic Battery Charger (Charges, Maintains and Reconditions Car and Motorcycle Batteries) 12V, 5 Amp is the same as the Porsche one, just without Porsche name stamped on it?

Any have people had success keeping the battery charged without using the smoker socket, ie using glove compartment and central console 12v socket instead ?

Thanks

Associate
981, some people seem to think you can use the other 12v sockets to charge but most info seems to point toward the smoking socket as the only socket which will remain live after 30 mins

Man of Honour
992 C4S arrived last week and finally had time to drive it a bit today, it handles great - better than the weight suggests it should - and the interior is a big step up, it feels more like a mini Panamera and will be a great GT car. Start stop is a complete pain and the first thing I did was turn it off when it (ok, me) almost put me in someone at a roundabout.

My Audi won't kick in start-stop until you're firm on the brakes and stopped, so I forgot these newer EU-friendly cars will kick off the engine JUST before you stop, which is also the point where you decide to go at a junction. Oops.

But it's still also a fast everyday sports car, I can hustle it down twisty roads with complete confidence. Staying below the 4k running in rev limit of course!

Ride quality is fine and quiet, and copes slightly better expected with our awful roads, except for the big bumps which only a large SUV can soak up.

I didn't spec PDCC or lowered suspension, but I'd guess that with the former it will cope slightly better with bumpy roads but otherwise don't see the point of either on a 911.

In terms of tech...

Not quite sold on all the driver displays behind the wheel, 911s have always had wide displays but now it's almost all LED it means things move around a bit and sometimes stuff hides behind the steering wheel.

I didn't spec surround cameras which I'm kinda regretting, but to be honest it just means actually being aware of surroundings which is no bad thing. I also didn't spec blind spot assist because I dislike these systems.

I did spec the lane assist and I've already turned it off, but the active cruise works well, better than the wife's merc.

Finally the sports exhaust is 'alright', not crazy loud of course - got to keep the EU happy - certainly friendly for everyday driving without everyone looking as happens when I start the RS6!

Commissario
992 C4S arrived last week and finally had time to drive it a bit today, it handles great - better than the weight suggests it should - and the interior is a big step up, it feels more like a mini Panamera and will be a great GT car. Start stop is a complete pain and the first thing I did was turn it off when it (ok, me) almost put me in someone at a roundabout.

My Audi won't kick in start-stop until you're firm on the brakes and stopped, so I forgot these newer EU-friendly cars will kick off the engine JUST before you stop, which is also the point where you decide to go at a junction. Oops.

But it's still also a fast everyday sports car, I can hustle it down twisty roads with complete confidence. Staying below the 4k running in rev limit of course!

Ride quality is fine and quiet, and copes slightly better expected with our awful roads, except for the big bumps which only a large SUV can soak up.

I didn't spec PDCC or lowered suspension, but I'd guess that with the former it will cope slightly better with bumpy roads but otherwise don't see the point of either on a 911.

In terms of tech...

Not quite sold on all the driver displays behind the wheel, 911s have always had wide displays but now it's almost all LED it means things move around a bit and sometimes stuff hides behind the steering wheel.

I didn't spec surround cameras which I'm kinda regretting, but to be honest it just means actually being aware of surroundings which is no bad thing. I also didn't spec blind spot assist because I dislike these systems.

I did spec the lane assist and I've already turned it off, but the active cruise works well, better than the wife's merc.

Finally the sports exhaust is 'alright', not crazy loud of course - got to keep the EU happy - certainly friendly for everyday driving without everyone looking as happens when I start the RS6!
You posted all of that and didn't include any photos? I am disappoint :(

Back
Top Bottom