How much would you pay for the next gen consoles?

Soldato
Soon the next generation of console will be on the horizon with both sony and microsoft building and pricing them up.

Sony's console is expected to be on the higher side of pricing as they are attemting to future proof it with good specs to last it out for many years. I don't know much about xbox but I've a feeling they will be trying to find a way to do that also.

So how much would you be willing to pay for the next generation console (playstation or xbox)?

Soldato
£350 is the sweet spot for most people but I will be amazed if they can get them down to that price at release. Somewhere between £400-£500 is more likely - based on what we know of the PS5, at least - but that will turn a lot of people off. Would I pay £500 for a new console? I'd like to say yes but I would probably hold back if it were that much.

Soldato
I'll buy when it's in the £350 range.
The PS5 will launch with "some titles" and I'm sure they will be fantastic and of course backwards compatibility with PS4 is almost assured.
However, I'm not going to drop £500 on a lunch device where 90% of my gaming would probably be using the backwards compatibility for my PS4 titles. I might just as well use my Pro for another year after launch and then join in at the first hardware revision/price down and there are loads of games available.

Associate
I would like to pay little as possible but pretty much everything points to it being £499 mark. Yes I would buy it. And if rumours are to be believed the Xbox is more powerful so I can see that being £549-£599 on day one.

Associate
£500 no problem. Will buy ps5 at launch. Xbox games are rubbish and so no interest in that and that’s coming from somebody who loved the 360.

Back
Top Bottom