Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
The problem is, processing is such a broad term.
Processing is not bad per se. There's a sliding scale from skimming milk (processed to remove some fat) right up to those elephant leg things they shave donner meat off.

Soldato
each scoop is approximately 38g or 152kcal.

So call it 120grams per 3 scoops.

I think you have to buy a minimum of 2 bags which are 1.75kg each. So 3500g.

So 29 meals.

Associate
each scoop is approximately 38g or 152kcal.

So call it 120grams per 3 scoops.

I think you have to buy a minimum of 2 bags which are 1.75kg each. So 3500g.

So 29 meals.

So that would be pretty much enough for 2 weeks of food? Considering half of the time I'm planning to be using it I will be on night shifts as well.

Associate
Potentially but I wouldn't rush into a 100% huel diet, if only because your guts might complain about it lol!

I'm looking into options that will work for a couple of week after my dental surgery (I can't have dairy products or hot food, and it must be easily chewable as well). I'm sure I've missed something but that is the main things I need to follow for the time afterwards.

Soldato
Well based on 3 'meals' per day at 3 scoops each that will give you 1368 calories per day approximately.

Albeit balanced meals, if you have an active job rather than sat at a desk all day.. That may not be enough calories to avoid losing weight assuming you don't eat anything else.

Soldato
It definitely won't be enough unless you're a <5ft woman, but it's not hard to either jazz Huel up with extra stuff or choose some other options that don't require much/any chewing (high protein yogurts/skyr/quark, soft fruits, porridge/protein oats and that sort of thing).

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Frozen fruit and a blender works a treat.

But i think i am a weird Huel user as i like really thick and enjoy the lumpy bits :) then i fill the shaker or blender up water and drink that over the next hr or so :)

Soldato
I should finish my first bag tomorrow (as it states 14 portions of 3 scoops). I'll have a fair bit left over, so I may have to do a 'generous' 3 scoops from now.
Also ordered the flavour boosts with my second order, so may try them in the vanilla flavour.

Oddly, my colleague says he prefers the taste of the vanilla with chocolate boost, as opposed to the straight chocolate. Haven't started my chocolate bag yet so I'll be intrigued to see the difference.

Still no complaints from me. So easy and cheap to use. Saves faffing about preparing something the evening before if I get back home late.

Soldato
Shame they dont do trail versions, dont fancy spending out £60 plus not knowing if I would like it.

They do pre mixed drinks you can buy, but that's obviously an expensive way of doing it.

The easy way of imagining it is it's a bit like a smooth plain porridge in texture and taste, unless you get the flavoured versions or add your own additional ingredients.

It's perfectly paletable unless you're a really fussy eater.

Soldato
*** No referral links allowed ***

Thanks for the link - just ordered some.

Loosely followed keto for a few months and lost a bit, but fancy giving something else a crack, and this looks quite convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom