• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
It's assthetics and it only artificially inflates pricing per actual quality and even worsers functionality.
Like VRM cooling being sabotaged by those "IO covers".
Even that Colorful has that heatsink seriously bad for its size:
Flat slab has little surface area.

And functionality sabotaging cents/pennies for makers become fast €/£ for us.
Not to mention no doubt extra special gaming bling bling profit margin.

I suspect motherboards prices have moved up at least one step because of all that garbage.

I don’t think the VRMs are being covered to the point of causing any heat issues, certainly nothing people should be concerned about especially given the amount of VRMs (MOSFETs) and the spread of heat.

I don’t like the plastic crap though, so will likely remove if possible.

That colourful one looks like a terrible design for the VRM heatsink however! Looks like a 8+2 using doublers looking at how they’re grouped.

Caporegime
Anyone comment on how the 3600 is doing here.

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/status/1134081984743976961

D70RZ0uUEAATLpO.jpg:large
What's up with those boost clocks... seem too low. 3.6 to 3.75 in the bottom example. That's hardly boosting at all. Even the top one is only boosting to 4 Ghz. Even if that's all-core that's low, no?

Associate
4.6Ghz overclock, the only Zen 2 CPU's with 3.8Ghz base clocks are the 3600X and 3800X, the latter also has a 4.6Ghz boost, so how does AIDA64 read that? i mean it says (Original 3800Mhz, Overclock 21%)
Look again, 12 cores. Its 3900x. Not sure why they bothered blocking cpu name.

Back
Top Bottom