• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
2700x Stock settings mem xmp gskill 3200 F4-3200c14-8GTZ

2700x_not_ultra_tight.jpg

Associate
Lowest I have seen for Zen+ is is 57.1ns. There was some change in how Zen 2 accesses its caches compared to the older Zen cores, soo maybe L2 and L3 took a hit :p I dunno.

dyvMyjr.png

Permabanned
Yeah Intel don't depend on low latency for good performance, zen on the other hand thrives on it. To half it from zen+ is amazing. Gaming on zen is going to be sweet.
Where is the HALF mate ?? when its all higher than what i got atm LOL

@humbug looks like they managed to keep Latencies on same level az Zen and Zen+ Thats good with new design. I'm not worried !!!

Also not sure if posted but 15 vs 13 IPC % explained
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1134098430614093827

Permabanned
Mem latency. Let's not forget it's not even out yet so early bios, thing will only get faster.
Like Vega 64 did aafter FineWine kicked in ?? It's same Memory controler if You dont know just nev version and its on EXTERNAL design. If they can keep latencies at zen and zen+ level with taht design change ITS A WIN !!! Not sure if You played with Zen 1 when it cae out but after one year of bios tweeking latency went around 2ns down on memory.
Thats the thing im most worried about ZEN 2 for gaming. If its on pair with what we had its GREAT !!!!

Back
Top Bottom