The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
I know this is slightly off-topic here, but I'm sure you guys will be able to help :). I watch England cricket on TV, but I'd like to listen to or watch county cricket.

I've never really got into county cricket and felt like I am missing out on a lot. Ideally, I'd like to follow Surrey so if anyone can recommend a good place to listen to Surrey games I'd appreciate it. I don't mind paying if it is required.

Soldato
The only positive is that this is bringing back lovely memories of my childhood, sat with my dad watching Ambrose and Walsh skittle us for less than 100 before Lara took us apart with the bat.

Soldato
It's so refreshing to see a England bowler (Mark Wood) with raw pace, if England are every expected to win in places like the Windies or Australia we need bowlers who can bowl consistently over 90mph so their pace can make up for the lack for swing once he ball goes soft.

Soldato
World Cup preliminary squad announcement at 11 as well as the squad for the Pakistan ODI series. Don't expect any drastic changes but the talking point is whether Archer rolls in or not...

Associate
Shame about Alex Hales. I think Vince can do a job but still think we'll miss Hales' big hitting. It does hit them when he's in the mood.

Soldato
I mean, he won't get into the starting 11 if they're all fit and firing, like.

ECB have managed the Hales thing so poorly it's beyond belief.

1) Around 15th April - Hales informed of second failed drugs test. ECB administrators, Nottinghamshire and PCA informed. Handed 21 day suspension as per the guidelines

2) April 17th - Hales in squads for World Cup and Pakistan series.

3) April 20th - Hales taking a break for 'personal reasons'

4) April 26th - Story broken that he's serving a drugs ban

5) April 29th - Hales out of all England squads for the summer

There's no way 5 happens without 4: they implemented their outlined procedure i.e a 21 day ban and intended to sweep it under the rug whilst assuring Hales' (who is still a moron) place wasn't going to be affected. The moment it broke the outcry came out, they've gone a step further and they've now made themselves look worse than Hales. It stinks of double standards.

Back
Top Bottom