Windows 10 1903 ready for download

Permabanned
I decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the ISO. Despite being run with admin credentials, it terminates saying it requires an admin account. It really shouldn't require admin credentials to download an ISO.

It writes to the C drive on the fly, this is probably why it requires admin permissions, when it creates the ISO it combines some files to make it. It's not an ISO file as a single download.

V F

V F

Soldato
I find it very odd that this update breaks audio, what has Microsoft done to kill these kinds of cards that then require an update from Creative e.t.c.

Though, interesting but seems to be an odd botched workaround...

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-1...-build-18362-116-may-19-a-11.html#post1638969

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...m/cc8bfa41-b9b8-443e-88e4-2ee27eb8cb8b?page=3

The other interesting part is seeing how many people out there are still running Audigy 2 ZS/Platinum's and X-Fi Prelude's on Windows 10. :D

Permabanned
Looks like there's more to come out broken as people are finding more issues, these will be fixed but my concern is what have they done to break latenct and also audio. This isn't the first time an update has killed the same processors.

Associate
Decided to do a fresh install on a Lenovo Yoga 720 which went surprisingly quickly, was hoping Windows Explorer would get an update to allow for tabs but guess not.

Only issue I've come across is that when I click on Apps in Settings the window closes. I can still get to apps via the old control panel > Programs and Features.

V F

V F

Soldato
Only issue I've come across is that when I click on Apps in Settings the window closes. I can still get to apps via the old control panel > Programs and Features.

This was a common problem with this update. You need to carry out sfc /scannow to sort it.

Associate
Decided to do a fresh install on a Lenovo Yoga 720 which went surprisingly quickly, was hoping Windows Explorer would get an update to allow for tabs but guess not.

Yup I had that problem as well.

Surprised they never caught that massive bug before releasing the full update.

Associate
Back to 1809 had a weird pink tint to parts of my backgrounds tried everything only the rollback fixed it. And i mean i tried Everything!!!! Disaster...

Soldato

I mentioned the Apps problem in Settings in another thread - the only "solution" was to give Windows a little time (~2 minutes) to settle down before I was able to access the Apps. I was amazed this wasn't discovered sooner.

Some bugs that have existed since 1809 as far as I recall, are in Task Manager. Adjusting the column widths in Processes can be laggy. Also if you hide the Status column, close Task Manager and open it again, the Status column remains until you remove it the second time.

Little things such as these make me wonder what else is wrong. Which is a shame, as 1903 does actually seem mostly good.

Soldato
Wonder why they haven’t fix s the hdr settings .....
They are working perfectly fine for me, what issues are you having?

Don't know if unrelated issue but did the upgrade on my desktop rig last night and after several cumulative updates it wouldn't boot? Hung on A0 boot code. Cleared the bios and same. After scratching my head for a bit decided to do a bios update and was fine after that. Mind you I was on bios 1.3 and it downloaded 4.0 :D

Associate
A game 'extension' that i use in gta is now coming up with this app cannot run under a virtual machine. I did have the sandbox feature turned on but have now turned it off.
And I ran disk cleanup the other day to free up some space and no longer have the previous update opps

Have I now gotta reinstall windows if I want to go back to the 1803 update?

Back
Top Bottom