Fitting stone shower tray on floor (plumber says no cement required?)

Soldato
I'm having a new en-suite fitted and the plumber is saying he will install the shower tray straight on the floor. The manually states it requires a sand/cement mix but he says that's rubbish.

The floor is having to be taken up so the waste pipes can run under it.

any ideas?

2zthw5i.jpg

Soldato
I've been doing a lot of research into bathrooms recently; and although I am not installing a shower tray, the information I've stumbled across has always had it installed on a bed of cement.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've been doing a lot of research into bathrooms recently; and although I am not installing a shower tray, the information I've stumbled across has always hat it installed on a bet of cement.

as have I

thing is, he's not cheap....we'll I don't think he is. £750 just for the labour?

Associate
Not being funny, but if he plans just silliconing it to the floor, it's fine as long as he levels it. I would personally use rapid set S2 tile adhesive being stone resin and not the 1 finger lift trays people love buying online (silicone or sticks like being the only option there afaic).

Soldato
The OP's title might give you a clue :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I meant what kind of stone is it... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've got a granite shower tray, and I was going to give him done advice if his shower tray was similarly weighty as we've had no end of problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom