Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Caporegime

A supposed reimagining of the original game, allegedly using a new engine..though they made this claim in the past and then changed their tune to the engine getting upgrades.

Underclockers Discord:

BattleNet / Activision User IDs:

champ222 - CannonFodder#21536
CliffyG - CLIFFYG#2732 / CliffyG78
Guest2 - alexl1984#2589
Liquid_Entity - MatLockDJ
Maccy - MaccyBee#2531 / Maccy
mart981 - Swerv#2127
McBain - / ferrit55
MATTY8787 - MATTY8787#21297
maonayze - maonayze#2744
michty_me - MICHTY#2967 / michty_me
razerbwfc - Razer#1485
Rezident - Rez#22988
SentineL-X - MarkAllf#2110
SkScotchegg - Deleterious#2367 / SkScotchegg
t2na - / T2NA#3077224
ThundyCat - M3WarCat#2484 M3WarCat
Vtec9k - HexGecko#1271

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
OP
And of course, those who already paid for the original will have to pay again to play this.

It's not the same game with an updated engine. It's using the same name but supposedly a different story using some of the characters from the original.

Unlike BO4, the new Modern Warfare will indeed have a single-player campaign, and it’s the main focus for the reveal today. As you might guess from the name, it’s not a direct sequel to 2011’s Modern Warfare 3, but instead a soft reboot that kicks off a new storyline with a few familiar, returning characters. The campaign will be split into two halves: in one you’ll play as a Tier 1 operator, a special forces soldier, and in the second part you’ll take on the role of a rebel fighter in the Middle East.

One of the goals of the game, and its dual-perspective storyline in particular, is to show various viewpoints of a conflict. “We are telling a story about modern war in the real world,” says Jacob Minkoff, the single-player design director on Modern Warfare. “If we whitewash it, if we backpedal from it, if we show a world where the heroes fight the terrorists and win, you never see the impact on the average person, the collateral damage, or the morally gray situations that soldiers themselves have to face.”

Associate
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features a new engine delivering an immersive and photo-realistic experience. The new technology utilizes the latest advancements in visual engineering, including a physically-based material system allowing for state of the art photogrammetry, a new hybrid tile based streaming system, new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing (PC) and more as well as a new GPU geometry pipeline

No Season Pass

Crossplay - Xbox, PS4 and PC

QRzLRSM.jpg

R8mnDC6.jpg

jfD4rTB.jpg

Soldato
That could be good. Modern Warfare was so good, the characters, the maps, the ending.

Might dip into the remastered version this weekend. Cheers for the heads up.

Soldato
Amazing timing. Like a lot of other people on here I've been watching Chernobyl and it has given me a crazy urge to play MW again if anything just for the starting video ("50,000 people used to live here... Now it's a ghost town") and to play the mission 'all ghillied up' again just to run through Pripiyat.

Then this trailer released yesterday and the news it's cross platform. Brilliant timing!

Soldato
I bet this doesn't have moddable servers which was one of the things that made the original MP great. Oh and will it be a one off purchase with no micro transactions? I expect not..

Caporegime
OP
And just to reiterate, its not an upgrade of the original Modern Warfare, it uses the same name with some past characters but a different game.

Soldato
So is it going to refer back to the original? Or will it be a completely different story, and they’re acting like the first three never happened?

Back
Top Bottom