• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
There ya go Motherboard Fan having a 'BLAST' :/
The hope is that it was set to 100% for demonstration purposes. As it's not short on ventilation - even if it is warm there...

(Setup to the left mentions nothing about NVMe RAID etc...)

GAC

GAC

Soldato
All I will say is damn X570 can hit some mental memory clocks, 4000+ is easy with decent memory.

now to wait and see what sort of performance x370 and x470 can hit with the same chips AND what sort of performance hit it takes but not using a x570 board.

Soldato
@Steampunk - their Version 2 with x470 normally have upgraded their Audio and with Z370 tried to add more VRM due to bad rep . Also Version 2.0 with GPUs ditch the Reference board with RTX cards and with GTX Pascal rotated Die 90 degrees . cant comment on older stuff though

Hope this helps , for users gunning for Gigabyte/Aorus boards

i also stand correct with 4 layer PCB boards.

Looks like Gaming X and Pro Wifi will do the best sales wise for Gigabyte

En1WhG6.jpg

Caporegime
What are you meant to garner from that video exactly.

Video of a fan running, so much background noise you can't even hear anything.

I was thinking that myself, couldn't really hear it with the background noise.

Apparently the Chipset is 11 Watts, that should take a lot of cooling so i don't see why the fan would need to be running at full tilt.

Soldato
The kit I mentioned (BLS2K8G4D30AESBK) will go to around 3600MHz, and some have pushed them well past 4000MHz. Your original query seemed to be about price/performance and it's not a straight line on a graph, there will always be a massive value increase going with a kit that can be overclocked well vs. paying over the odds for a pre-tested 4000MHz kit will show little value if you have to spend double or more to end up with the same result. 32GB kits are an unknown for me, on anything other than TR4, sorry. :)

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/ddr4-memory-overclocking-world-record-ram-micron,news-60665.html

extreme cooling, they're break records so far .

wondering if Samsung stoppiung B-die production is wise

Soldato
I don't really trust RAM overclocking tbh, i never had much luck with it. But i did find that kit you mentioned for about £66 which is dirt cheap for a 16gb 3000mhz kit. Too bad the price jumps quite a bit for the 32gb kit.

Taken at it's very basic RAM overclocking is/or can be as easy as doing it with a CPU if you aren't messing around with timings etc. Select frequency, and check if stable, change volts up if unstable (to safe amount), rinse and repeat, then usually knock it down a bit and do long term stability testing. It is no different to the silicon lottery you play when buying a CPU, if you buy an AMD R5 3600, you might get a stinker or a golden sample, but we are talking real layman terms here.

You have to be buying the right kit, with the right IC's then your luck dependency reduces somewhat, if you buy from any of the pre-binned vendors who filter out the high binned IC's expect to have less 'luck' unless you pay more. :)

Soldato
Associate
That has to be one of the worst articles I have seen yet.
talk about a confused list of "possibilities", they even state it is just a round-up from Reddit

Agreed! These points were my favorite from the muddled garbage...

5.0GHz is doable, but it’s a challenge
5GHz boost isn’t infeasible
5Ghz all core is pretty much a no-go.

Overclock for overclocking, Ryzen 3000 is still faster

Soldato

I'm hoping there's been some improvements in XFR/PBO, to say, 2 cores per CCX, which would result in some decent gains, and means less fiddling trying to get an All core OC close to boost levels.

Caporegime

I don't think 5Ghz is possible, at least not in an every day sense.

Having said that this is how i would unpack what he said.

You can get to 5Ghz with a lot of work.

5Ghz turboing out of the box is unlikely.

5Ghz all core is pretty much a no-go

Running the CPU at 5Ghz overclock day to day is not possible.

he also said

4.8GHz is achievable on all cores

what i take away from that is maximum usable overclock = 4.8Ghz.

Back
Top Bottom