Void NaughtyBoys

Soldato
Played it for a few hours yesterday....it definitely ticks the roguelike boxes. I haven't quite figured out the end game though, and if there's a fail condition. You can keep dying and carry most of your equipment over, so it seems like you'll end up with full gear eventually?

The northern chav voices of the aliens is funny at first but it starts to grate after a while....

Soldato
Yeah almost started a new thread cus I searched on bar stewards!

Anyway I've been playing it over the weekend and it's quite addictive. I would suggest playing it in short bursts as the game play could get repetitive but the humour and cartoon aesthetic appeals. I was playing on normal which is fine but I felt I was progressing too far and then tried Hard. I then struggled on the next 3 ships and had to switch back!

Probably hard is how it should be played from the start in which case it could be quite a challenge especially in Iron Man etc.

Soldato
Agree with playing in short bursts...it can and does get repetitive after a while. I like that you get visual prompts for audio so you can play with the sound off or music on etc.

It gets quite a lot harder as you collect the main items and go deeper into the nebula.

Caporegime
Been enjoying this but I think I’ve got a lot to learn. I still haven’t managed to get the first item you need yet. I have to.get out and explore every ship, just in case and that’s probably why I keep dying. I’m not sure how long it goes on for.

Associate
The bits you need should have a big pointer hovering over the ship when you get near then. I still investigate pretty much every ship just to keep my food and fuel topped up.

Alos, on the 'board' screen, it should list the items on board. You can cross check this with item in the workbench to see what they match.

Caporegime
The bits you need should have a big pointer hovering over the ship when you get near then. I still investigate pretty much every ship just to keep my food and fuel topped up.

Alos, on the 'board' screen, it should list the items on board. You can cross check this with item in the workbench to see what they match.

Oh yeah, I've seen the indicator for the line printer, just never made it that far. :p

I keep getting out to have a look at ships, gather everything on board because I don't like leaving anything behind (but after reading a basic beginner's guide, this is not the best strategy at all) and end up getting killed by two or three screws. Back to the beginning again!

Soldato
I got a bit bored of the game after the first couple of hours, but once you figured things out and start unlocking more gear, there's quite a bit of depth to it.

Getting down to Nebula depth 4+ and the enemies become much more difficult. Screws in particularly you need to either avoid or distract/zap. Pay attention to where the nearest ship with a med bay is, but don't forget you can spend food to rest and heal.

Bit annoying when you find a ship with some critical parts on it, but some doors are completely blocked by fire though :(

Void NaughtyBoys?

Seriously?

Quite, the word does not mean that, he should have called it Void illegitimate children. Which is also wrong imo. Just because you were not married, does not mean your children are not legitimate. Who cares about ridiculous religious ceremonies?

Back
Top Bottom