Ugh kids damaged car outside the house - parents say take me to court...

nam

nam

Soldato
for the op, don't give up. get your money back. I posted here a while ago a local school boy was going around scratching all cars. Mine was new golf R. I found out local school. headteachers identified pupil and gave details to police who took up with his father recieved all money within 3 months. Its your responsibility to pursue, otherwise we just let people get away with it

Soldato
for the op, don't give up. get your money back. I posted here a while ago a local school boy was going around scratching all cars. Mine was new golf R. I found out local school. headteachers identified pupil and gave details to police who took up with his father recieved all money within 3 months. Its your responsibility to pursue, otherwise we just let people get away with it

Exactly, they won't learn unless there are consequences.

Soldato
Good advice re mcol. Go round, explain that you've taken advice, you're ready to file claim, but are prepared to give him one last chance to avoid ccj.

He might see sense when he sees you're serious.

Caporegime
Good advice re mcol. Go round, explain that you've taken advice, you're ready to file claim, but are prepared to give him one last chance to avoid ccj.

He might see sense when he sees you're serious.
I don't think a CCJ is going to scare a mouth breather.

Probably got plenty already.

Soldato
Being something "On the Spectrum" myself, I would just take that as a serious suggestion and go ahead.

If he croaks about it, just say "I only did what you asked me to do"

;) :cool:

In my day, if you were “On the Spectrum”, you were probably playing Jet Set Willy, or Horace goes Skiing.

Soldato
I don't think a CCJ is going to scare a mouth breather.

Probably got plenty already.
You never know - lots of reasons to be worried about a hit to your credit score.

And if not, crack on, get the judgement, get it enforced by hceos, ask them to let you know when they'll be attending the scrote's house.

Then take a deck chair round, put it up opposite their house, open a big bag of popcorn, and have a laugh as they go in and take away his telly.

Caporegime
He might have other issues and can’t be arsed with the faff of some ‘menial’ issue.

I suggest to just fix it and move on. Maybe go visit again if you really want to try and resolve amicably . Maybe at a better time

Soldato
This happened to me quite a few years back when I was at uni. My neighbours kid on their bike just somehow collided with the front quarter of my car which I heard and looked out the window to see the aftermath.

I went out and nipped next door to see the neighbour and tell them what had happened and the lady apologised profusely and told me she'd stop them from playing out front in future. I felt bad for the kids that I was like "noooo it's fine they play, they're kids, just please ask them to be careful around the cars."

Still, such a positive reaction from the neighbour that I wasn't bothered about the scuff to the car (especially as it was a £1500 Nissan Primera).

The OPs neighbour? I probably would hit them with a small claims court letter just to call their bluff on it.

Back
Top Bottom