Forza 7 - How is it?

Associate
They maybe not typically classed as microtransactions but the cars are behind a paywall which you can not use unless you pay for them. On GT Sport you can pay for the cars if you like or you can earn them like in the rest of the series.

Forza 7 comes with 700+ cars included, you have forza car pass also includes extra cars. Or if you don't want all cars in car pass you can buy individual ones.

Please explain how its full of microtransactions, its exactly the same as GT Sport. Plus forza still getting free support.

Last edited:
Associate
Forza 7 comes with 700+ cars included, you have forza car pass also includes extra cars. Or if you don't want all cars in car pass you can buy individual ones.

Please explain how its full of microtransactions, its exactly the same as GT Sport. Plus forza still getting free support.
You do not have to pay for any cars in GT you can use any of the cars in the game. There is no season pass or anything like that. Everything added is totally free. If you decide you can’t wait to use a certain car you can there for buy it but it’s totally optional.

In forza you have to buy with real money the cars to use them.

Associate
Fair point, not a big deal when Forza got 700+ cars (I currently have 890 cars in my garage) I do have car pass tho.

Not riddle with microtransactions everyone seems to think.

We could get into how many hours of gameplay time needed to unlock a car by just playing, but I can't be bothered.

forza 7 most content complete game on market.

Something GT Sport does really well, wheel feedback and online. But forza now doing same thing.

Edit: GT Sport got weather yet e.g Thunder storms etc?

Soldato
Just fired it up after a year of not playing - plenty of pe ding rewards to claim hurrah. Sadly, I just tried to have a quick race, and it seems that game has some 'homologation' thing now... I take it that means bye bye to modded lower class cars then?

Associate
You do not have to pay for any cars in GT you can use any of the cars in the game. There is no season pass or anything like that. Everything added is totally free. If you decide you can’t wait to use a certain car you can there for buy it but it’s totally optional.

In forza you have to buy with real money the cars to use them.

Not in forza 7 you don't, the only ones you buy with real money are some of the DLC car packs , the rest you buy with in game money/credits that you earn from races etc.

Soldato
Forza being full on Micro-transactions BS still doing the rounds?
The Youtube outrage for clicks brigade made this out when it was released but it just isn't the case.
They never even added the tokens they had in earlier titles where you could buy cars for real money, and apart form some issues around what the VIP gave you there wasn't ever really any issue with Forza 7.

It was released around the same time as SWBF2 and Shadow of War so there was blood in the water when it came to micros and loot boxes. The DLC car packs arent a new thing but why let the truth get in the way of a good youtube video or forum post.

There are things in Forza 7 i don't like, the way the mod cards work has its ups and down, and i don't like the random rewards crap from the loot type rewards but they were a evolution on what was in Forza 6 and horizon rather then something new (win spins vs loot boxes).

Overall though FM7 is well worth a purchase and runs very well on PC,

I was discussing E3 with friends lastnight and we were agreed that Forza is kinda at the limit of this gen right now and if they show anything at E3 it will be the DLC (i have already paid for) on Horizon thats not out yet, I was done with fortune island ages ago, wheres DLC 2 playground?

Soldato
Is this the first time they haven't shown anything for the new FM game at E3? They have been putting them out every 2 years for a while now. Hopefully they are working on a new one for the new console.

Associate
Anyone still playing this? Picked it up a few months ago and been playing ever since.
Had a question is there anyway to do a rolling start when in time trials? Seems to be greyed out for me.mucks up my first lap which also mucks up my ghost

Back
Top Bottom