How much would you pay for the next gen consoles?

Associate
Would pay £500-£600 but not on launch day. I have a huge backlog of ps4 games to play so would wait around a year or two for the catalogue of games to become worth it. Also, by then the revised or pro or slim version should be out be then.

Soldato
£450-500

If I get the ps5 i hope it’s not as noisy as the pro, the one thing that lets the pro down is its extremely loud fans when they ramp up with graphically intensive games.

Caporegime
Would pay £500-£600 but not on launch day. I have a huge backlog of ps4 games to play so would wait around a year or two for the catalogue of games to become worth it. Also, by then the revised or pro or slim version should be out be then.

The PS5 has BC. You could play those PS4 games on it with improved loading times and in some cases better frame rates. :p

Soldato
£400 for the PlayStation 5 pro, bound to be one. In no rush as I only got a PS4 pro God of war edition last year. Got a huge list of games to play but need a new TV before I start.

Soldato
depending if the tech inside the PS5 really is as much a leap forward as the hints are suggesting

If it is, will be day 1 for me and max of £500 (and fully expect it to be this too)

with an SSD, Ryzen 3 and Navi its certainly going to be much closer to 500 than 400 imo

I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony release two SKU's initially.....but I also expect them to keep "Pro" in their pocket for 3 1/2 - 4 years after release.

Less interested in the new Xbox unless one is significantly infront of the other in release date, but probably wouldn't be day 1 purchase anyway

Associate
£500 max. Currently got a PS4 Pro after getting the XB1 on release. And in all honesty the PS4 exclusives do nothing for me. If they bring a PROPER Gran Turismo out I might consider one. But I think I'll be going back to Xbox next Gen for Forza.

Caporegime
Soon the next generation of console will be on the horizon with both sony and microsoft building and pricing them up.

Sony's console is expected to be on the higher side of pricing as they are attemting to future proof it with good specs to last it out for many years. I don't know much about xbox but I've a feeling they will be trying to find a way to do that also.

So how much would you be willing to pay for the next generation console (playstation or xbox)?

seeing as I'll likely sell my ps4 pro soon.

£200. simply because I can't see myself console gaming on anything other than the switch for the near future.

that likely won't change as I'm back to PC gaming for competitive and casual gaming the switch is best. I can't see myself going competitive on console again. so I'll pick up a second hand ps5 in the members market 2 years after launch if it peaks my interest.

if i hadn't made the switch the price I would be happy paying would be £399 with no games. just controller and usual accessories.

so £450 with a game.

Soldato
OP
I'd pay around the £500 mark. But a lot is going to depend on a launch title that will use the full technology of the console and is a good game.

Until games use the full power then not much point upgrading.

Soldato
I would like to think £400 is a fair price for a new console, but wouldn't be surprised if it was £500.

I don't mind waiting a few months for it to get to the £400 mark - still have loads of games to play on PS4. The only thing that will get me to bite at launch is the ability to play PS4 games upscaled to say 4k or something.

Back
Top Bottom