• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Associate
829bcb39b3f640790047f3934bb509693d6e17202734b35f5e11c8a625f04946.jpg
:D:D:D

Associate
Could be 2080 with 11gb memory that would be a slap for current owners
Seems Navi got them SUPER worried.

I think NVIDIA know what AMD are going to do some way ahead of time.
The 20 series releases and beyond I think have all been done anticipating the performance of the coming AMD GPUs.
There would be little point in new AMD GPUs if they were not competition for sectors of the NVIDIA range.

bru

bru

Soldato
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Announced, Campaign Returns, Ray Tracing, Crossplay Supported

https://wccftech.com/cod-modern-warfare-trailer-release/

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare release on 25th October 2019 will have DXR Ray Tracing. SUPER! :D

When Nvidia's Wolfenstein: Youngblood game bundle promotion end on 6th August 2019, I think Nvidia next free game bundle promotion will be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

OH for ***** sake

Sneaking through the forest all blacked out nobody can see us coming ….yada yada yada...… and then one of the main characters is smoking a ****** cigar.....really......really...…..garbage.

Soldato
It’s the nature of the Market. Shareholder return > consumer interest.

Playing safe guarantees a return, being innovative doesn’t.

Don’t you just love capitalism..

You forgot something critical

If everyone plays it safe in business someone will come along and innovate because the risk is worth it - if they succeed they will dominate the market. This is true for PC hardware too but because the barriers to entry (capital cost) is so high the forces of competition move slower.

Take the iPhone for example - prior to it launching the market was stale and none of the existing manufacturers were taking risk, all releasing the same old phones year in year out. Apple came along and innovated the heck out of the mobile phone and what happened - they dominated and became the market leader, a title they still hold today

Soldato
I think NVIDIA know what AMD are going to do some way ahead of time.
The 20 series releases and beyond I think have all been done anticipating the performance of the coming AMD GPUs.
There would be little point in new AMD GPUs if they were not competition for sectors of the NVIDIA range.
I've always been of the strong belief that they are somehow working together in some aspects, like the fact that to make the 2070 super and 2080 super they would have had to have known about the cards they were competing with a very long time before we found out anything about them and the cards they are meant to counteract.

Soldato
This also forces radeon 7 into the 3rd/4th position of performance instead of the dubious 2nd fastest (more like 3rd unless water cooled and OC)
Futher making amd look like the crap gpu in the eyes of the green team mind borg

I’m sure given that 7nm for AMD is so efficient and scaleable they could just create a Radeon 7 with faster clocks and more cores :p

Soldato
I’m sure given that 7nm for AMD is so efficient and scaleable they could just create a Radeon 7 with faster clocks and more cores :p
I think so, and i think that it will be either anounced at e3 or delayed until 2020 at which point it will maybe...maybeeeeee match a 2080ti ish, but then nvidia will blast it away shortly after with a new one again.

Soldato
Only thing super will be the price. Which will be super ridiculous.

It will be funny watching the short guy in the leather jacket try to justify it though.

Soldato
It’s the nature of the Market. Shareholder return > consumer interest.

Playing safe guarantees a return, being innovative doesn’t.

Don’t you just love capitalism..
I'm not sure that's the case with NV. RT so early was a risk and pretty innovative. Maybe it's a case of diminishing returns vs R&D cost. Next big jump in raw performance may come when NV release their next gen on 7nm. Maybe we're all getting older too and GPU's are just becoming what's the word, normalised? At one time people probably found the flushing toilet exciting too :).
I'm hopeful they have a bin of RTX parts that need shifting in the form of an updated or "Super" Ti :).
Slightly improved 2070 and 2080 sounds a bit "meh". More memory would maybe make the 2080 appeal to more customers I suppose but for the target market (ie, < 4K) there are few if any cases I think where the memory is a limiting factor (ie, not most games currently). By the time there are, it'll be next gen anyway. BFV is close at 1440P, the only game I've played that gets close to using all the memory on a 2080.

Soldato
It could use a boost - there are a couple games that can run out of vram on the 2080 at 4k already

I want 16gb on my 2080ti

Back
Top Bottom