Recommendation for 4K Blu-Ray Player

Soldato
Now that i've got the LG C8, i'm looking to pick up some 4K Blu-Rays. Quick moment of realisation meant that my PS4Pro does not handle 4K Blu-Rays. Sooo...

Any recommendations for lag-free players that should pair up nicely with the LG please?

Soldato
What’s the budget?

For £200 you can get the Panasonic 450, or for £280 you can get the 820. Both are pretty good and offer a wide range of features, including support for DV (which you would want!).

If you want to spend a lot more you can do...

Associate
I have the same TV as you and currently use an Xbox One S - mainly as I already owned this which does a good job. However the Sony UBPX700 looks great value of money to me at £180 @ Richer Sounds.

Soldato
The One S/X don’t support DV on UHD AFAIK.

It doesn’t make sense not to have DV when the TV supports it.

The x700 is supposed to be pretty good, but lots of user reports online about it locking up with discs. That would be the only reason I would sway towards a Panasonic.

Sony also have the x800 but that doesn’t support DV, although they are about to release an updated variant that does. However you have to turn DV support on and off manually which sounds like a real pain frankly!

Soldato
Yes but I don’t believe it allows it on disc playback? As far as I can tell it only allows it for the internal streaming apps.

Soldato
Now that i've got the LG C8, i'm looking to pick up some 4K Blu-Rays. Quick moment of realisation meant that my PS4Pro does not handle 4K Blu-Rays. Sooo...

Any recommendations for lag-free players that should pair up nicely with the LG please?
The LG Electronics UBK90 if you need all the extra HDR+ features or if you only need basic HDR then LG Electronics UBK80 are good just don't get the UP970 and that one has lots of problems like the disk spins loud.

Soldato
I have a Sony X700 and it’s decent but you have to manually turn on/off DV or it forces DV onto non DV content inc Blu-ray and looks most odd. I wouldn’t have another Panasonic player as they still suffer from noisy drives (reviews, AVF etc) and it was most annoying on my Panasonic Blu-ray player :(

Budget is the big deciding factor, around a couple of hundred and the Sony is hard to beat but if you are spend8ng significantly more then there are a load of very good players!

Back
Top Bottom