Soldato
It's been a really bad week, and today is probably the worst

Just had to tell everyone in the office one our of co workers has Cancer

Damn, I really struggled holding it together :(

Caporegime
It's been a really bad week, and today is probably the worst

Just had to tell everyone in the office one our of co workers has Cancer

Damn, I really struggled holding it together :(

it's this taboo and stigma attached to this stuff which is causing a lot of men mental health issues which then leads to high suicide rates within men among other things.

if you had cried i'm sure you would have been okay and lived. it's not like there is anything wrong with it. it's natural.

Soldato
tough news to have to deliver. and there's absolutely no shame in having emotions. as said above if some 'men' stopped trying to hide/bottle up such feelings it would do wonders for their mental health. hope your co-worker comes out the other side ok.

Soldato
Sorry to hear things aren't going great at the moment bud. Hopefully this is your Friday and you have a nice weekend coming up.

As others have said - Absolutely no shame in showing emotion, completely natural - Keep your head up! :)

Soldato
It's the compassion most of all.

I can't think of how people would react if their boss stood up and said "so and so had cancer, right everyone back to work". Would not be portraying very good management skills whatsoever.

one of my staff members was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer around 6 months ago (he is living on borrowed time now) I went to see him on Xmas Eve, thought I would hold it together but completely lost it. one of the more difficult things I have done but also glad that I did!. Also had to break the news to 50 of his collegues in a morning huddle and I nearly lost it then butr managed to hold it together just, no shame in it and perfectly normal reaction, I would be more worried if I never felt that way tbh.

Caporegime
Bitches love men who cry. You did a big thing today, it’s only natural to be emotional about it, don’t sweat it. How bad is the colleague? Still hope or terminal?

Cancer’s a bitch, too many loved ones lost to that horrible affliction :(

Soldato
@OP

Hope your colleague is ok and dont worry about breaking down and crying its a natural thing. Everyone has their own ways of coping, just try and find a way that suits you.

I geneneraly don't do sad or upset emotions anywhere however.... if im watching anime and something even remotely sad happens.... I find myself bawling like a child lol. For some reason thats my emotional outlet!

I find it so strange that it triggers me like that but aside from that i don't do sad or depressed especially not in front of anyone, im just able to not let things phase me in that way.

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone

There is hope, they found it early enough but it's a case of having to manage it as it can't be cured. A type of lymphoma I think which has done something to her liver and spleen.

Unfortunately my Mrs auntie died of the same type in her 40s leaving her small daughter behind. That really made me think this morning.

Honestly felt like someone has punched me in the stomache. Totally knocked the wind out of me.

I told the team to chip in and we had some nice flowers sent to her house this afternoon which she really liked.

There's more to it as she is single looking after her elderly mother so there's all kinds of added difficulties.

Next steps is a bone marrow test then chemo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom