What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
Stan & Ollie

Had no interest in the subject material going in to watching this but was absolutely charmed and entertained by every aspect of the film... 9/10 (I very rarely give films over 7/10)

Soldato
Captain Marvel

I enjoyed it, good action and a couple laughs. Liked CDs sass throughout.

Captain Marvel, thought it was great.

Brie did a good job, Fury was good and the Cat even better. :D

Not sure it's a spoiler persay..
Reckon the sampled a real cat throwing up for the after credits scene, freaked my cats out :D

Soldato
Eddie the Eagle - feel good film about one guy determined to go to the Olympics even if he wasn't very good. Funny moments and nicely paced make it worth a go if nothing else is available. Funny how two films have now been made about the 1988 winter Olympics, both comedies about losers (Cool Runnings being the other). 3/5

Soldato
633 Squadron - think last time a watched this I was on my Grandpa's knee :D Very enjoyable. The theme song is epic.

Hotel Mumbai - Well worth a watch. It's not the type of film you enjoy but brings home the harsh reality of life. Brutal at times. 8/10

Soldato
Escape from New York 8/10

Watched many times but recently purchased the 4k disc as I had a HMV gift card so the 4k disc cost me nothing

IQ is excellent, whether its the disc, my LG Oled tv or Sony blu ray player doing its magic the picture is superb.
Sound is also as I would want, positioning is good, even made me jump a couple of times.

Certainly one of the better remasterings of an old film

Caporegime
Extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile.

I thought Efron did a good job and this makes a break from his typical type casting. Overall o feel I learnt something about Ted Bundy. The movie was pretty gritty and nothing groundbreaking but it worked for me.

Associate
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) - 6/10

A passably entertaining popcorn movie with great monster special effects and good use of colour and music to really emphasize the scale and impact of the creatures.

The story is ok, the actors are wasted on corny dialogue and poor jokes and the political message is somewhat undermined by the absurdity of the scenario.

It also takes too long to get going and is too long overall, but as a mindless monster fight film, it looks good and plays out well.

Soldato
Extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile.

I thought Efron did a good job and this makes a break from his typical type casting. Overall o feel I learnt something about Ted Bundy. The movie was pretty gritty and nothing groundbreaking but it worked for me.

I watched this the other night. I had low expectations, but was actually very impressed.

Associate
Watched the Captain Marvel. My girlfriend said after 15 min that it's the worst movie she has seen so I ended up watching it alone. Kind of have to agree with her, Brie's giggling can carry movie only so far.

Caporegime
The Head Hunter.

Not everyone likes indie movies. They're an acquired taste, and many of them (if not most) them are pretty awful. But the gems are out there if you look for them.

I'm an indie movie fan, and I'm here to tell you that if you see only one indie movie this year, it should be The Head Hunter.

The best part about this movie is the fact that it was made on a budget of just $30,000, but enjoys the look and feel of a film produced in Hollywood for 1,000 times that amount.

Obviously they had to cut corners somewhere. Here's how they did it:

* a cast of 3
* only one speaking part
* running time of just 72 minutes
* filmed entirely on location in Portugal

The Head Hunter is extremely ambitious for a micro-budget indie movie, but it fulfills those ambitions with tremendous gravitas. Critically, it holds fast to the golden rule of cinematic exposition: show, don't tell. The short running time allows for very little context (we're thrown into the deep end right from the start) but The Head Hunter drip feeds enough background information to fill in the blanks.

The climax is stunning, and took my breath away.

I rate The Head Hunter at 29.97 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as an incredible 9/10 on IMDB.

Soldato
Tag - 8/10

I was recommended this one by a friend, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it!

Probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was entertaining and kept my interest :p

Back
Top Bottom