Today's mass shooting in the US

Soldato
Do we even know yet whether the cause is mental illness (shooter =white) or terrorism (shooter =brown).

Before commenting, please show some decorum, and wait to see whether this is a moment for pained hand-wringing, and "hopes and prayers", or for sustained noisy and furious demands for Govt to provide the most extreme countermeasures imaginable.

It would appear that the cause was Gang Related (Shooter= Black)

:p

Man of Honour
Hold on. Why is everyone so quick to comment? Do we even know yet whether the cause is mental illness (shooter =white) or terrorism (shooter =brown).

Before commenting, please show some decorum, and wait to see whether this is a moment for pained hand-wringing, and "hopes and prayers", or for sustained noisy and furious demands for Govt to provide the most extreme countermeasures imaginable.

Which has nothing to do with "race", no matter how much you pretend it's only about "race". My initial assumption is that you're projecting your own irrational prejudices onto your target group. Or maybe that you're just aping people who do so because it's fashionable.

Soldato
Which has nothing to do with "race", no matter how much you pretend it's only about "race". My initial assumption is that you're projecting your own irrational prejudices onto your target group. Or maybe that you're just aping people who do so because it's fashionable.
Dear Angilion, once again you have completely missed the tone of the original post.

I don’t mean this as a personal attack, it’s a genuine question that will hopefully help people respond to you better in future; have you been diagnosed with some form of autism?

The way you take everything so literally and your inability to understand subtly, subtext, satire or pretty much any kind of literary device, suggests some form of issue with empathy. You clearly read and write at a high level, so I don’t believe it’s a reading deficiency.

The only other thing I can think of is that when it comes to comments about race (which we know is a bugbear of yours), you become so blinded to the subtext that you have to respond as if the post was meant word-for-word.

Feel free to report this post or ask me to retract it and I will edit it without hesitation. However, as this isn’t the first time this has happened, I think it would be useful to understand where you’re coming from so that we can respond to you better in future.

Man of Honour
OP
Another day another shooting, nothing will be done though :(

Looks like one of the rounds either exit through the roof or hit something up there on the top left :s whoever filmed potentially lucky he wasn't generally shooting in their direction.

EDIT: Though might just have been the percussive effect if shooting in a confined space pushing dust, etc. out.

Soldato
Another day another shooting, nothing will be done though :(

Around 12000-16000 deaths a year from guns in the USA (discounting suicides), yet guns provide a great way to protect yourself as referenced by the CDC report (which you can download in full https://www.nap.edu/catalog/18319/p...reduce-the-threat-of-firearm-related-violence):

Estimates of gun use for self-defence vary widely, in part due to definition differences for self-defensive gun use; different data sources; and questions about accuracy of data, particularly when self-reported. The NCVS has estimated 60,000 to 120,000 defensive uses of guns per year. On the basis of data from 1992 and 1994, the NCVS found 116,000 incidents (McDowall et al., 1998). Another body of research estimated annual gun use for self-defence to be much higher, up to 2.5 million incidents, suggesting that self-defense can be an important crime deterrent (Kleck and Gertz, 1995). Some studies on the association between self-defensive gun use and injury or loss to the victim have found less loss and injury when a firearm is used (Kleck, 2001b).

Current estimates are anywhere from 500k-3million incidents of self defence using a firearm, seems like a decent way to protect yourself.

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48481814

Eleven people were killed and six others injured in a mass shooting at a government building in the US state of Virginia, police said.

Police said the suspect, a long-term and current employee at Virginia Beach Municipal Center, where the shooting occurred, fired "indiscriminately".

The gunman, whose identity has not yet been released, also died, police said. A police officer was among the wounded.

:(

The US are screwed when it comes to gun crime. The issues are the massive numbers of guns in circulation. The second issue is the majority do not care.

Add to to that Lord-Jaffa’s thinking is sadly prevalent among gun owners. If you arm everyone, everyone is safe. Clearly nonsense but ’merica.

Back
Top Bottom