King of the Monsters

Soldato
I've seen it and it's not bad but it's not good. There's spectacle but the transition elements aren't good. There's an excellent early plot twist. And Charles Dance out-acts everyone.

Soldato
Watched this morning and it was a struggle, most of the film felt overly dark and apart from 30 seconds or so all the film was at night, the battle scenes looked well from what bits they did show however lots of it was hidden behind smoke or clouds.

Felt like plot points for the sake of it and some of the bits they could've expanded on they skipped straight over.

Soldato
Terrible, over long, contrived and just boring. I thought I might at least get to see monsters fight but the majority was people with next nothing with monsters in.

Awful.

Soldato
People seem to hate this but for a monster movie I really enjoyed it, and thought it was worth seeing at the cinema. I don't think it would be as enjoyable on a smaller screen however. People going in expecting a Godzilla movie to have a good storyline are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Made me jump a couple of times too.

Soldato
People seem to hate this but for a monster movie I really enjoyed it, and thought it was worth seeing at the cinema. I don't think it would be as enjoyable on a smaller screen however. People going in expecting a Godzilla movie to have a good storyline are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Agreed. I enjoyed it but then again I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for. It was a good monster movie.

Soldato
Again agreed, good monster movie. Nothing special, nothing terrible... I actually found myself being quite bored for about 20 mins in the beginning but then it heated up... It was as expected really, huge monsters scrapping each other, destroying cities and exploding things.

Caporegime
OP
Have to love how:

Godzilla is "King" of the Monsters after having needed to be revived twice, having a tag team partner and having the U.S military assist him. King of the second or third wind maybe. And the other Monsters actually bowed to him at the end.....0_o

Associate
So one thing that really bothered me (spoilers for the plot in the below so just don't click if you haven't seen it)

So in the big climactic fight where he just ultimately melts the thing with nuclear waves - are we not saying that the military could have just nuked it? They sort of establish in the first film that nuclear weapons just sort of feed them, but if the nuclear energy from big G did him in?

Soldato

My problem was it was 90% people and hardly showed the monsters. Like when the military rode into Boston and there was loads of monsters and it's about to kick off and a huge battle....... Cut to boring self sacrifice scene on the sub and the scientist having a self indulgent farewell.

So many times it dodged action scenes in favour of cheesy and, quite frankly, boring human pieces on characters who weren't even that well fleshed out anyway.

Soldato
just come back from seeing this - its a ridiculous film with lots of stupid scenes, boring disposable humans and stupidly unrealistic monsters fighting - i really liked it!

Back
Top Bottom