• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
So there is a 2070ti coming that's faster than the 2070 and costs $100usd less? Sounds like Navi is DOA

Either that or Nvidia think Navi is much better than there current cards. When did Nvidia release new cards and price them lower to boot without being forced into it. We shall see.

bru

bru

Soldato
$100 off of each the 2060, 2070 and 2080 would certainly be a good step in the right direction.
But is that gonna be off of the founders card price or the effective cheapest price. As we have already had the 2070 available for under £100 off of the founders price.

Permabanned
I’m sure given that 7nm for AMD is so efficient and scaleable they could just create a Radeon 7 with faster clocks and more cores :p

I think so, and i think that it will be either anounced at e3 or delayed until 2020 at which point it will maybe...maybeeeeee match a 2080ti ish, but then nvidia will blast it away shortly after with a new one again.

I think we've seen the last of Vega. A full VII chipped card might launch but I don't think so, The next thing will be a bigger Navi or as we saw with Polaris iterations of the same high end chip just getting better. It seems RDNA is going to be the next gen architecture for at least as long as the next console generation lasts.

Soldato
NVIDIA SUPER Lineup Will Consist Of Three Cards: Faster RTX 2060, 2070 and 2080 Variants With $100 Off MSRP And Souped Up GDDR6

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-super-l...riants-with-100-off-msrp-and-souped-up-gddr6/

:D
Will this be minus the rt cores and tensor?
Either way this is annoying, just when you think AMD gets them selves sorted, boom nvidia are already there to put them down...... like mentioned earlier they must have known exactly what navi is and was way back before any of us knew anything about navi.......

Soldato
Either way this is annoying, just when you think AMD gets them selves sorted, boom nvidia are already there to put them down...... like mentioned earlier they must have known exactly what navi is and was way back before any of us knew anything about navi.......

Notice how it’s called RTX?

It would be GTX if it was minus the RT and Tensor stuff

Soldato

This is typical of Nvidia though. Their pre-emptive moves are so telling that I've often wondered whether they have spies within AMD.

Caporegime
This is typical of Nvidia though. Their pre-emptive moves are so telling that I've often wondered whether they have spies within AMD.

More to do with the fab plants, i remember an article on anandtech years back stating that information from employees from different fabs wasn't hard to come by via certain employees. Usually one knowing what the other was doing was pretty common knowledge.

Soldato
"RTX 2060, 2070 and 2080 Variants"
As in variants of rtx 2xxx i know it's semantics but a variant of a rtx 2080 could be a gtx 2080

Nvidia few months back said that they stopped making the non-A chips and will only produce "A" variant only. So more likely they will release a new series of cards using the "A" chip, with 100mhz uplift.
Job done.

Soldato
Nvidia few months back said that they stopped making the non-A chips and will only produce "A" variant only. So more likely they will release a new series of cards using the "A" chip, with 100mhz uplift.
Job done.

And the slightly faster gddr6 clocks too

Expect about 10% performance jump

Back
Top Bottom