Approx £14k to spend on car what would you buy?

Caporegime
What's your intended use? Annual mileage? Seating requirements? I'd recommend a Z4 or Boxster but these may be completely, hopelessly unsuitable.

Soldato
I may be in the same position as you later in the year, and I'll be looking at a GT86 first.

MissChief's questions are the correct ones though, we'd need to know what you need from a car.

Man of Honour
As you clearly don't want anything mega fast, hence the SLine Audi, I'd have a Mini Cooper over a Cooper S. It's still pretty quick and it'll be much newer for the money.

Soldato
Veloster turbo ;) some cash left over to have some fun too :p

Have you had the chance to try any of your potentials yet?

Soldato
Ive been window shopping for a similae price and considering a diesel 180bhp seat leon FR.

I assume it would be a better spec than the audi equivalent due to badge?

Edit : ive just looked at (allbeit diesel) used minis and they seem fairly cheap for a 2l diesel 170bhp

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What would i buy? Well i am thinking about replacing my car soon and will likely spend approx this amount.

I am looking at BMW 730d and 730ld, as well as BMW 530d M-Sports, and also Mercedes E300 Bluetec Hyrbids.

Very helpful to you, i am sure :p

Associate
Been down the older beemer route before, not impressed.
e46 330 msport coupe... was not all that reliable but the worst was that its ride was utterly shocking- something that still afflicts many german cars to this day.

It was no sports car so why setup the suspension so rock hard it felt like it was rearranging your teeth every time you ran over a microbe.

Man of Honour
I'd say there's a bigger chance of the Mini Cooper developing a problem.

Really? All E46 are at the age now where it's a constant battle against the fact it's just really old and stuff is wearing out all the time.

Whereas a 14 grand Mini Cooper is 12 months old.

Man of Honour
I test drove a few mini copper s recently, along with an A3 and S2. Unless getting an S3 then I would get the Cooper S over the A3.

Back
Top Bottom