Can you pay using card at ice-cream vans these days?

Soldato
I will never buy a ice cream from a van again. - I was at a Fair type gathering a couple of years ago and stood there watching the ice cream van - He served his last customer then just stuck his finger up his nose and had a good poke around - Found something sticky and wiped it on his trouser leg. :eek:

Soldato
Yep, iZettle makes it really easy. We have around 40 vans or trailers that take card payments in my family. I don't know any other ice cream van owners that aren't taking payment now
Though if it's somewhere on very fast turn-out like a music festival then we won't bother as there can be periods where one worker could be serving 90 customers an hour depending on the event.

In the past 5 years or so there's been a lot of movement to inverters and large battery setups rather than using petrol generators for ancillaries such as fridges / slush machines etc.

The mixture itself, nah, still same old.

Ice cream machines in the vans are generally still driven by drive-shaft and so aren't taking up as much of the "newer" tech as the ones you see in shops which is generally going to be more efficient freezing, self-cleaning etc.
A lot of the ice cream machines in the vans are going to be well over 10-15 years old still.

iZettle in 40 vans?, if you are doing enough turnover for 40 vans surely iZettle must cost a fortune with their rip off transaction rates?

Soldato
I have a question. Why does the ice-cream van round my way turn up between 6:30 and 7 blaring out his dumb ass tunes just as my kids are going to bed!?!?

I mean who wants a sugar hit at that time of day?!

Back
Top Bottom