• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC performace issues.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just fired up a game of Battlefield 5 on my new 2080 to see temps, performance etc..

In conquest at 1440p ultra, im getting suspect performance, avergaing around 80-90 FPS and drops into the 30/40s creating bad stuttering..

Can anyone advise settings in game or what I should have in the GeForce graphic settings?

thanks guys!

Associate
Current patch has known issues with low framerate and stuttering, devs are looking into this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...unity_broadcast_updates_on_pit_crew_and_game/

It's mentioned in update #3. Hopefully they'll get around to fixing it just after they are done removing the rest of the content from the game and making it limited time to play. (See update #2 ;P)

Edit: Also... this game has / had massive issues with DX12, which I think you need enabled to run RTX. Not sure those were ever resolved either. DX11 gives the best performance regardless afaik.

Associate
Current patch has known issues with low framerate and stuttering, devs are looking into this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...unity_broadcast_updates_on_pit_crew_and_game/

It's mentioned in update #3. Hopefully they'll get around to fixing it just after they are done removing the rest of the content from the game and making it limited time to play. (See update #2 ;P)

Edit: Also... this game has / had massive issues with DX12, which I think you need enabled to run RTX. Not sure those were ever resolved either. DX11 gives the best performance regardless afaik.

DX 12 gives far better averages , but is resoundingly awful with the minimums. DX11 is still king here . I also am dealing with stuttering but found it mostly fix after using a tool to clear RAM at certain intervals that seemed to solve my issues even though according to my OSD I had plenty of ram spare . Anyway it's resolved for me at least

Soldato
OP
Well, just loaded up a game of cs. And where-as before I would be running 300+ frames its now averaging around 240-250 FPS..:eek:

Deffo something up. MSI AfterBurner is saying my GPU usage is around 50-60 percent..so am I right in saying this seems like a CPU bottleneck? On the 2600X?

Anything I can try? Might just grin and bare it until Ryzen 3000 is out soon??

Soldato
Well, just loaded up a game of cs. And where-as before I would be running 300+ frames its now averaging around 240-250 FPS..:eek:

Deffo something up. MSI AfterBurner is saying my GPU usage is around 50-60 percent..so am I right in saying this seems like a CPU bottleneck? On the 2600X?

Anything I can try? Might just grin and bare it until Ryzen 3000 is out soon??

What does AB say your CPU is running at?

Soldato
To get RT to work you need to enable DX12 first. Use RT medium or ultra on the 2080 and enable DLSS.
Worth noting that the minimum recommended for RT is 2700X or 8700K. I found using a 6700K felt there was more stuttering than using a 1950X, both of which could be deemed lower than the recommended spec. Subjective though and never ran them side by side. :)
The game should use all cores, not one core at 98%.
DX 12 has been sorted pretty well in this game and RT works fine too.
Seems an odd move, 8700K to 2600X?
Not played it for a month or so but with RT on ultra, I was getting 75FPS+(up to 120 depending on map) with pretty much everything on ultra including RT(1440P).
Personally I used the GeForce Experience recommended settings for DX12 which was RT Ultra.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
To get RT to work I think you need to enable DX12 first. Use RT medium or ultra on the 2080 and enable DLSS.
Worth noting that the minimum recommended for RT is 2700X or 8700K. I found using a 6700K felt there was more stuttering than using a 1950X, both of which could be deemed lower than the recommended spec. Subjective though and never ran them side by side. :)
The game should use all cores, not one core at 98%.
DX 12 has been sorted pretty well in this game and RT works fine too.
Seems an odd move, 8700K to 2600X?
Not played it for a month or so but with RT on ultra, I was getting 75FPS+(up to 120 depending on map) with pretty much everything on ultra including RT(1440P).
Personally I used the GeForce Experience recommended settings for DX12 which was RT Ultra.

Yeah, went to the 2600X thinking it would still be a good trade off :(

Not just that but the clocks on the 2600x will probably be about 600Mhz lower.

Think the new 3000 series is where I will heading soon then..

Back
Top Bottom