Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Caporegime
OP
So is it going to refer back to the original? Or will it be a completely different story, and they’re acting like the first three never happened?

Its using some characters from the original in a different story. Probably be framed as a different mission before the original game.

Soldato
Anyone know if the Multiplayer on the Modern Warfare Remastered version is active ?

No it's not even a remaster as they changed & cut out a bunch of stuff from the original, mostly the stuff that actually made it great

It's a shame devs keep making trash games of franchises once great without actually stopping to wonder what actually made those franchises great, like modding support and dedicated servers and the communities that sprung up because of them

Soldato
Saw a quick video on Facebook earlier saying there is an ISIS like group in this game which you have to fight, I think that's what you can see in the trailer when there's a hostage situation.

Associate
Based on what? Blindly throwing cash at a series that has been going downhill?

No.

Based on the fact that I enjoy the COD series. I think the only one I haven't bought was Ghosts, due to the fact I was deployed in Afghan at the time.

I enjoy the fact that I can come in from work, fancy shooting someone in the face without having to overthink anything, dip in, dip out as I please. COD has always ticked all those boxes.

The new one just happens to be heading back in the right direction.

Whats where I throw my cash got to do with you anyway?

Soldato
No.

Based on the fact that I enjoy the COD series. I think the only one I haven't bought was Ghosts, due to the fact I was deployed in Afghan at the time.

I enjoy the fact that I can come in from work, fancy shooting someone in the face without having to overthink anything, dip in, dip out as I please. COD has always ticked all those boxes.

The new one just happens to be heading back in the right direction.

Whats where I throw my cash got to do with you anyway?

Because its a stupid move to assume that if you liked something before it will be equally good again.

With the rising prices that they charge for games these days it seems utterly daft to me to want something based on a two minute trailer

Soldato
Because its a stupid move to assume that if you liked something before it will be equally good again.

With the rising prices that they charge for games these days it seems utterly daft to me to want something based on a two minute trailer

I think people want everything from games these days. The game will be around £30-40 on release (depending on vendor) and you will get a minimum of around 20 hours on a game like this. Of course, if you really enjoy the game, you could go into the 1000+ hour range on MP, etc.

If you find it's not for you, then you go to the pub and have a few pints 1 less times that month. Not the end of the world.

BO4 was the first COD I bought since MW3 and I enjoyed it - probably had around 100 hours played total. Was it the best game ever - no. But for something that cost me £30-40 at launch, it was a good investment.

They are releasing the game with a new engine (the current engine has been the same since COD4?) and no season pass. The trailer looks great and at this stage is definitely worth the punt.

Back
Top Bottom