• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I've asked in the memory sub, but is this worth buying?

Or is there a risk it won't work or a risk something better comes along.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

It's guaranteed to work in the current X370 because it says so in the description. Nobody can give you a cast iron 100% guarantee that it will work in an unreleased and untested board. All we can say is that there's a very very very good chance it will work. Why not wait?

Soldato
Crucial ballistix 3000mhz c15 2x16gb = £171 or Gskill trident z rgb 3200mhz c14 2x16gb = £274 seems a big jump for the difference? Seen there's gonna be a Gskill 3600mhz c14 kit coming soon as well but it's only in 16gb by the looks of it.

Maybe better waiting and see tests first, might not be much in it between higher speeds.

Associate
Crucial ballistix 3000mhz c15 2x16gb = £171 or Gskill trident z rgb 3200mhz c14 2x16gb = £274 seems a big jump for the difference? Seen there's gonna be a Gskill 3600mhz c14 kit coming soon as well but it's only in 16gb by the looks of it.

Maybe better waiting and see tests first, might not be much in it between higher speeds.

I paid £171 for my G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz C16 from the site that sounds like a south american jungle, they are still in stock for £175, imho they are the best ram for Ryzen as i believe they are all B-Die.

Caporegime
I would be surprised if it was Gen4.0 to all sockets though. Perhaps just the top 16x socket and maybe one M.2 socket? X570 boards are expensive due to the extra work required for signal integrity.
Is that actually true tho or are we potentially just paying more for "enthusiast grade" HDMI cables... (again)

Soldato
Is that actually true tho or are we potentially just paying more for "enthusiast grade" HDMI cables... (again)

Some boards will be built, belt and braces to make sure they can cope with a 16-core CPU heavily over locked, while using all of the I/O, the amount of people using that potential will be tiny.
Manufacturers are pushing much more extravagant VRM solutions, and more PCB layers, that again most people won't use, but it is great for marketing.

B-die is a known factor with Ryzen, so it's a pretty safe bet.
At the end of the day they all conform to the same DDR4 spec.

I do also see your point too though.
Memory support is meant to be far better with Zen 2 with support possibly going up to 5000.
The only thing is higher rated DDR4 memory is real expensive anyway, so I don't really see the point (not at the moment).
Not when there is more value in overclocking cheaper memory to get to more or less the same place. (technically it's all OCs as the spec is 2100).

But if anyone is in any doubt just wait a little longer until the 7th of July onwards, when the reviews and benchmarks start to hit the web. :)

Oh look... people are building new PCs... BOOM price increase. :p:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom