*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Bizarre reaction from Joshua post fight in the interviews , came across like he did not give a tosh. Has the fame and glory and money weakened AJ. Eye of the tiger ?

Man of Honour
Froch said Ruiz looked a "physical wreck" before the fight :p

One thing any boxer should know is that looking chiselled doesn't automatically make you better. You can have power and stamina regardless.

Soldato
Ruiz has AJs number, will go in as favourite in the rematch. He seemed to be happy to let AJ land on him because when AJ would jump in for the finish, that's when Ruiz really let his hands go and was most dangerous. He controlled the centre of the ring tonight.

AJ needs to lose the muscle tbh, he looks the part but he's far too stiff, he seemed very restricted in his movement.

Soldato
I think its slightly unfair to force Ruiz into a rematch straight away. He is now in a fantastic position and should be allowed to call the shots.

Eddie Hearn will no doubt enforce the rematch clause in the contract, for later this year in the UK. Tbh Ruiz was solid but is there to be outboxed due to his lack of height /reach against these modern day heavyweights. Fury would make an easy nights work of Ruiz.

I can't remember what round it was but did anyone hear Joshua say to his trainer, 'why do I feel like this?' He was not with it at all, he's carrying way too much muscle, it causes him to gas, he can't move around the ring freely. It was like a malfunctioning robot out there tonight.

Soldato
This is my point, why should the beaten guy get to dictate terms? Ruiz should be allowed to choose the venue. The first Mexican heavyweight champion! AJ should have to go to Mexico City to try and get his belts back.

He didn't look right after the first knockdown, asking what kind of punch knocked him down, and looking towards the corner for help. Wilder would definitely fancy his chances now.

Soldato
He didn't look right after the first knockdown, asking what kind of punch knocked him down, and looking towards the corner for help. Wilder would definitely fancy his chances now.
Wilder would have sparked AJ.

I think AJ gassed so much as he couldn't take the usual undetected cocktail of peds he usually has because of risk of being caught by VADA testing.. just saying.

Soldato
@Locky you really do hate AJ don't you :p

I think it was a combination of being under prepared and under estimating ruiz Jr as I think everyone did.

Ive watched a couple of AJs build up vids and you just get the impression hes gotten far too comfortable, surrounded by an entourage of hangers on who wouldn't be holding him to account.

Then with ruiz Jr, I hadn't realised his amateur pedigree, I just saw this sumo physique guy that hasn't fought anyone of note... I guess until he fights some of the other top fighters we won't find out whether he's the real deal or its cause AJ bluffed his lines.

However if you think wilder is any different to AJ think again; the guy handpicks his fights too hence going back to the easy option of ortiz instead of fury or even AJ. Although I suspect he will be crying into his cereal bowl this morning realising AJ is quite beatable and that gravy train has passed for now!

Soldato
Have to wonder whether AJ wants out of the game. I thought a while ago you saw him more in the media and celeb appearances than you do in the ring. Maybe he's considering taking the easier option?

Back
Top Bottom