*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Man of Honour
He just hasn’t taken this fight seriously. He’s always been talking about future fights and Wilder etc. Almost like this was a foregone conclusion from the start.

I think this will only be a good thing for Joshua. It will be a wake up call that actually, he’s not invincible and he can’t rely on his power

Soldato
He just hasn’t taken this fight seriously. He’s always been talking about future fights and Wilder etc. Almost like this was a foregone conclusion from the start.

I think this will only be a good thing for Joshua. It will be a wake up call that actually, he’s not invincible and he can’t rely on his power

Honestly, I went to bed last night feeling a bit worried that he wasn't taking it seriously..

Still not what I was expecting to wake up to.

Soldato
I’ve always been a huge Fury fan, he is a born talented boxer. AJ is just a big athletic man who can box a bit.

He looked worrying short on energy, reminded me of how Price goes. He was knackered halfway though the fight.

Soldato
This is my point, why should the beaten guy get to dictate terms? Ruiz should be allowed to choose the venue. The first Mexican heavyweight champion! AJ should have to go to Mexico City to try and get his belts back.

He didn't look right after the first knockdown, asking what kind of punch knocked him down, and looking towards the corner for help. Wilder would definitely fancy his chances now.

Because that’s he contract he signed, which is why Whyte wasn’t in there last night as he didn’t want it agree to it. If you’re the champ you dictate the terms, the ref among other things.

I've said it for years. Fury is the only truly world class British heavyweight.

As much as I hate Fury as a person, I think you're right - I can't imagine Ruiz doing that to Fury in a million years..

Good lord if we’re calling out Fury to be world class then we really are in trouble! He got quick feet and that’s about it.

As for AJ I think @robfosters is right under estimated him, ill prepared and maybe just maybe the hunger has gone. As for the after fight interviews I think it was a more case of he want to make sure Ruiz got the credit and limelight he deserves.

Soldato
Good lord if we’re calling out Fury to be world class then we really are in trouble! He got quick feet and that’s about it.

I really despise Fury, totally and utterly.

But

Whilst he’s not a power puncher, in terms of his actual boxing style, his defence, his footwork, he’s very very good and probably is the best heavyweight out there right now.

Associate
That reminded me of the Whyte fight, had him hurt early, went for the finish and got caught. He then immediately seemed to gas and it was several rounds before he could gather himself and come back.

Only this time Ruiz didn't let him off the hook and got the job done. The same thing almost happened in the Vlad fight too.

Soldato
I really despise Fury, totally and utterly.

But

Whilst he’s not a power puncher, in terms of his actual boxing style, his defence, his footwork, he’s very very good and probably is the best heavyweight out there right now.

The guy who got tagged twice by Wilder? Because he got cocky/lazy? The guy who can’t punch except himself, hasn’t got a chin and runs away from opponents. In terms of that boxing style ?

As I said he’s got decent footwork and that’s about it so if that qualifies as the best out there then we really are in trouble.

Soldato
That reminded me of the Whyte fight, had him hurt early, went for the finish and got caught. He then immediately seemed to gas and it was several rounds before he could gather himself and come back.

Only this time Ruiz didn't let him off the hook and got the job done. The same thing almost happened in the Vlad fight too.

I watched a video on twitter from a member of the crowd and Ruiz hand speed was very very quick. If nothing else it just shows the dangers of avoiding the "hard fights".

Back
Top Bottom