• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
It better work well with B die. I snatched up 64GBs of the stuff when Corsair mispriced it's high end kit.

I'm hoping I'm sorted until DDR5 comes in now.

I have a good set of 3466 B Die too, I hope I can get 3700 or 3800ish out of them so I don't have the urge to buy a new set. Unfortunately my current setup doesn't have the legs to push it past 3300 so I can't really tell.

Soldato
Micron-E die is proving to be very good, and is far cheaper, especially if you are buying Crucial modules (Micron's own brand). No idea why people are buying now for a CPU or board they don't own, you could end up spending twice as much and it not being as good as the cheaper stuff. :)

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well just watched gamers nexus news update vid a they claim to have spoken to a few overclockers who have claimed ryzen 3900X hits near 6ghz on LN2. says they have numbers on air but feel they wont be accurate and will change closer to launch.

and the 16 core isnt ready but is a thing yadda yadda yadda according to motherboard manufacturers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2silTC2kQ4s

GAC said:
and the 16 core isnt ready but is a thing yadda yadda yadda according to motherboard manufacturers.

Hopefully we get a sniff of the 16 core @ E3 on the 10th of June (10PM UK time).
I mean IF we knew a release date then I might be inclined to wait for it... and that's why I doubt they will give us one.

Soldato
So I've mentioned this before, and while I am trying to keep up with the thread, geese the number of pages :p

I was following the Adored leaks quite a lot, so I am very dissapointed with his leaks and info vs what we go. So I'll be waiting to see his answer before I trust him too much anymore. When his leaks came out I believed the SKU's in terms of core count and power but I was very hesitant over the prices and clock speeds.

I am genuinely dissapointed that while yes, single core performance has improved with Zen2. We have not seen movement in each product tier. We've now gone from a 14nm low power node to a 7nm performance node and the 3600 will still have the same core count as the 3600. We've only seen an increase in maximum cores at the highest end with the introduction of new SKU's.

I am also bewildered that both the 37** and 38** are 8 core chips (and they have very far apart TDP's). This means at the 8 core tier, they'll be 4 skus (likely) with the 3700,3700x,3800 and 3800x

To me that does not seem to have been a likely plan, as what will the difference between for instance the 3700x and the 3800 be. In my opinion there must be late stage issues in the manufacturing process for that to have happened because I fail to see why AMD's plan all along would have been to have 4 skus at the 8 core tier.

What do you all think? (again sorry if this has already been talked about its hard to keep up!)

Associate
So I've mentioned this before, and while I am trying to keep up with the thread, geese the number of pages :p

I was following the Adored leaks quite a lot, so I am very dissapointed with his leaks and info vs what we go. So I'll be waiting to see his answer before I trust him too much anymore. When his leaks came out I believed the SKU's in terms of core count and power but I was very hesitant over the prices and clock speeds.

I am genuinely dissapointed that while yes, single core performance has improved with Zen2. We have not seen movement in each product tier. We've now gone from a 14nm low power node to a 7nm performance node and the 3600 will still have the same core count as the 3600. We've only seen an increase in maximum cores at the highest end with the introduction of new SKU's.

I am also bewildered that both the 37** and 38** are 8 core chips (and they have very far apart TDP's). This means at the 8 core tier, they'll be 4 skus (likely) with the 3700,3700x,3800 and 3800x

To me that does not seem to have been a likely plan, as what will the difference between for instance the 3700x and the 3800 be. In my opinion there must be
for that to have happened because I fail to see why AMD's plan all along would have been to have 4 skus at the 8 core tier.

What do you all think? (again sorry if this has already been talked about its hard to keep up!)

AdoredTv are leaks - they are just assumed info - leeks. I watched Adored Tv and yeah we all knew clocks were too high, prices too low so a bowl of salt to be taken. Sorry you are So dissapointed about the leeks. As for the product stack their are reasons for the clock speed / TDP and I am sure that when the real info is revealed that you will understand.
'late stage issues in the manufacturing process' I don't think so. Early days on a new node of course but not the reasons for segmantation in product stack.
IMHO this leaves plenty of room to improve the chip. That is something that am sure that you will enjoy.

Associate

Why would he explain anything? Leak is a leak, not confirmation what is gonna happen, just unconfirmed information that might happen or not. Makes me laugh when people watch leaks about iphones and stuff, while they know it can be nonsense, they are fine with this when watching those videos or reading it. PC community though, think leak is passing facts and truths lol.

How do you know it wasn't true when he actually made the video? Some reports say Jensen from nvidia decided on prices RTX cards hours before press conference. Things change for various reasons, it doesn't mean his source wasn't right back then, maaaany months ago.

The only slight disappointment for me is the stock boost clocks are not reaching the magical 5Ghz.
All the SKUs are generational improvements as far as I can see, but of coarse most of us are eyeing the 12 and 16 core for upgrades anyway.

Apart from that the rumour mill wasn't a million miles off the mark.
I always take Adored TV and Wccftech stuff with a pinch of salt, it's not gospel so no point giving them a hard time over it (imho).

GAC

GAC

Soldato

well the thing with leaks and any info before the things are released and tested by 3rd parties is they are all to be taken with a truck load of salt.

as for the difference between the 6 cvore and 8 cores for the money id assume its better binned and POTENTIAL better overclocking depending how the silicon lottery pays out.

even with gamers nexus claiming overclockers are nearly hitting 6ghz which maybe slightly more accurate than previous leaks, the problem is its close to 6ghz but not how close, 10, 100 200 300 who knows.

just have to see where we are come release, personally im expecting that magical 5ghz to happen for the majority BUT i dont think it will be as easy as some think, many hours tinkering with bios settings as well as having to have a 500 series motherboard to really stretch the legs of the 3000 series cpu's.

Associate
AdoredTV's videos are good. By that I mean his detailed speculation or patent analysis. Long videos which he clearly puts lots of work into.

The leaks vids have obviously turned out to be crap, he shouldn't bother with stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom